or Connect

Posts by rayuela

Gotcha, thanks. The weird thing is I had these shoes for about a year before they started doing this. So I don't know...
Having a [totally ridiculous] problem with these Kudu chukkas: I think that the inside orange leather lining is rubbing off on my feet and making my toes orange. Any suggestions to prevent or arrest this process?
Can you post measurements on this? Thanks.
Any chance to get some measurements on the chambray? Looks very nice. Edit: Saw the size guide link--apologies. Will check that out. It's a medium, no? Confused by previous post...
Calzone is baked, this is deep fried, I think.
About five months ago I bought a pair of the Alden unlined suede chukkas. Have worn them a good amount since then but was still very surprised to notice that today the sold has worn through to the cork and the rubber heel has worn through to the metal. I wasn't keeping that close an eye on their wear because they were so new. Makes me think that it would be stupid to have these resoled with the flexible oiled sole as it wore through so quickly. Anyone else had this...
Thought I'd throw this out. Never used them before, don't plan to, but I saw this offer on groupon for 50% off Indochino clothes and thought some of you guys might be interested. Not sure how to link to it, but if you enroll in groupon (groupon.com) you'll probably get it, as I did.
Finally got around to having the cobbler remove about one and a half levels on the heel of my comfort craftsman and the difference, to me, is huge. They are much more comfortable shoes, and I find myself reaching for them every day instead of just for a special occasion. I was afraid that altering the heel might throw of the balance of the shoe or something but it has only improved things for me.
Thanks Iceball--will check out that place in Porto. Was thinking the same thing with shoes--there's got to be somewhere that sells high quality stuff made here. Will investigate next week.
Just landed in Lisbon and took a stroll around town today. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for shopping, or if it's even worth it here? Saw some very cheap goodyear welted shoes, just about the cheapest I've ever seen anywhere. The regular leather was pretty bad corrected grain I guess, but the suede looked okay. There was a sale at one store where goodyear welted shoes were 29 euros. This place: http://www.nunescorrea.com/Mens-Shoe...Shoes-are-Made. Even...