or Connect

Posts by Dburr

The coat is at least 1" too short.
Why would you want to look like a delicate little boy?
Black suit? Only if you're interviewing for a position at a funeral home.
Besides - no one has ever won a Ryder cup match with their ears tucked in their cap. Precedent?
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Ah yes, here was your post disagreeing with me: Now, I'm a golf noob but have been paying attention to things like the FedEx playoffs and watching the latest events. How could you not pick the current #1? Well, since that ranking is determined on a rolling two year period. Tiger is not the Tiger of two years ago. Hell, he's not the Tiger of one year ago. In the above, you certainly seem to be making the case...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot Would be epic. Hard to say who would come out on top. EPIC? They have one tour win between them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Scroll back several pages. My call that he'd get picked certainly met with some resistance. I think the issue was whether Pavin would make the pick or would the PGA pressure him to choose Woods. I believe this to be Pavin's nod, but it's really a no-brainer. How could you not pick the #1 player in the world? Rickie Fowler? Now that's controversial!
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire As predicted, Tiger picked for the Ryder Team. Tiger is not the most controversial captain's pick.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire ^Dburr, you make some good points; time will tell. I disagree about this still being a gentleman's sport though. Based on what I've viewed on the course, since I started this sport a few months ago, it is no longer populated by people I would refer to as "gentle." I can't describe the level of idiocy I have so far observed and figure I've yet to see the worse of it. Today: progress! Grip is now a full on Vardon. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Yup. The sport cannot survive, as a broadcast spectator sport, merely on the support of "true golf fans." Just like the Superbowl, etc., draws in millions of people that usually don't watch football, a big competition with Tiger needs to pull in millions of non "true golf fans." It's like this in any sport, the big name in the big competition pulls in the casual fans, not the currently hot players that only "real"...