Posts by Bartolo

For sale are my SLIGHTLY WORN, ALMOST NEW #97891 Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Longwing Oxfords. Size 10 "B/D." As seen in my photos, these are very lightly worn -- literally less than 5 times. They will be provided in their original Alden shoebox. They've had shoetrees in them whenever not worn. Shoetrees are not included in the sale. These really are beautiful, and at the time were REALLY hard to find. But my style has evolved and these simply must go to someone who...
For sale are my SLIGHTLY WORN, ALMOST NEW #1493 Alden Snuff Suede Unlined Chukka Boots. Size 10.5 "B/D." As seen in my photos, these are very lightly worn -- literally less than 10 times. They will be provided in their original Alden shoebox. These really are beautiful. But my style has evolved and these simply must go to someone who will appreciate them and of course wear them. I'm posting a few more ads today with other similarly sided Alden shoes; some brand new...
For sale are my SLIGHTLY WORN #403 Alden Brown Chromexcel Indy Boots. Size 10D. As seen in my photos, these are very lightly worn -- literally less than 10 times. They will be provided in their original Alden shoebox. Purchased from an authorized shop, NRO in Boston, Mass. where I live. My style has evolved and these simply must go to someone who will appreciate them and of course wear them. I'm posting a few more ads today with other similarly sided Alden shoes; some...
For sale are my UNWORN # 13750 Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Chukka Boots. Size 10D "B/D." As seen in my photos, these are completely unworn, never fully laced, and were still in the original plastic bags inside of their box. The exterior of the box is a little worn from having been shuffled around in my closet for a few years. Shoe trees have been in them since the day I brought them home but are not included in the sale. The original unused Alden shoe bags are...
For sale are my UNWORN # 2210 Alden No. 8 Shell Cordovan Norwegian Oxfords. Size 10 1/2 "C/E." As seen in my photos, these are completely unworn. The exterior of the box is a little worn from having been shuffled around in my closet for a few years. Shoe trees have been in them since the day I brought them home but are not included in the sale. Alden shoe bags, also in brand new condition, are included. My style has evolved and these simply must go to someone who will...
For sale are my UNWORN # 97894 Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Longwings. Size 10D. As seen in my photos, these are completely unworn, never fully laced, and were still in the original plastic bags inside of their box. The exterior of the box is a little worn from having been shuffled around in my closet for a few years. Shoe trees have been in them since the day I brought them home but are not included in the sale. My style has evolved and these simply must go to someone...
Thanks for the response! This was spurred by a discussion with a friend who said he does his Tom Ford suit shopping in Vancouver (when he visits family in Seattle) and benefits from the exchange rate. I was thinking pretty much only about higher-end suits (Isaia, Brioni, Tom Ford and the like).
A newcomer to this thread. My wife and I have contemplated a trip to Canada for 'luxury goods shopping' simply because of the favorable currency rates. Setting aside duty issues for now, are folks finding the differential vs. US domestic pricing significant? We live in Boston, so the cost to get to Toronto (or Quebec or Montreal) is not all that significant, and this would be a nice weekend away anyway and of course some great restaurants.
About 6 years ago I bought some shirting fabric -- enough for 2 or 3 shirts (I forget). It's been sitting in my closet ever since. I guess that the good news is that I've lost some weight and if I had shirts made then they'd be too big. I need some recommendations for getting dress shirts made. As far as I can tell, no one here in Boston is all that interested in doing shirts with MY fabric. And I'd really like to finish this little project.
All of the Tom Ford suits I saw at one of his boutiques recently had unfinished sleeves. Working buttons on the sleeves was their default treatment.