or Connect

Posts by scypticalchymist

I'm 6'5" and found the London navy was excellent for me. It is slim but not overly so and the buttoning point is flattering for a taller person (just above my belly button). I did not like the Napoli as the buttoning point was very high and did not work for my body type. The sleeves on a 40L are more or less perfect for me (35-36" dress shirt sleeve typically).
Has anyone lengthened sleeves at the cuff? I need about 0.25 to 0.5" more length, but am concerned the button position will be too far from the cuff. There is ample fabric to do this, but I will still speak with a tailor to confirm.
Sorry, just reread your post.
Are they true to an American 11.5 or a British 11.5?
I own the LL Bean model with the smoother Vibram sole and winter is not a problem. They are not too slippery in the snow and generally are warm with wool socks. The lug sole is better I'm sure, but I don't like the look as much. I'm talking Canadian winters too!
I am looking for a solid navy and I am typically a 40L (18.5" shoulder, 40" chest). If you ever have a Napoli suit (or other Benjamin that matches these measurements) I will purchase. I very much appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.
I'm drawn to the Napoli as the shoulder/chest measurements seem to be a bit better for me than the Classico II. I may end up ordering a Classico II to try the fit out. I am in Canada, so I am bit concernd about getting refunded duty if I have to return the suit.
Do you have plans for a larger production in the new year for Napoli suits? The new sport coats look beautiful by the way!
I'm very interested in long sizes in the Napoli. The Classico shoulders are a bit too narrow for the chest size for me (I'm a 40L). I'll keep an eye out for them to be put up on the site.
I have to second MD2010's comments. I own the satchel in chestnut and am overall impressed with the quality of the leather and craftsmanship at that price point. It has held up well over the last 10 months or so and I expect it to for quite a while.