or Connect

Posts by LUBE UP

Doctors do it because they work with multiple patients, some who may have compromised immune systems and all of whom have different resistance to different germs. It's vital that they don't transport bacteria or viruses from one patient to another, or from different surfaces to a patient, or from patient to sterile surface/equipment.. you get the drift. Protecting themselves is very low on the list of reasons for medical staff to constantly sterilise their hands and well,...
I have a pair of Clark's DB and I don't see how it would be possible to waterproof it. The problem is the construction of the sole and upper, where it's just sewn together with a flat seam with a dash of glue. After a couple of years of occasional wearing (which I'd estimate is a couple of months of hard wearing every day) the constant flexing of the boot caused the glue to degrade so that tiny gaps exist between the sole and upper which lets water in. Also it's...
I like the 'prep' summer look mostly because I can't be arsed to dress up most of the time and polo + shorts + boat shoes makes me pretty hard to get a bad combination of colours or silhouette. It's a lot harder to pick a nice top when wearing a nice pair of jeans and dressy/semi-dressy shoes and not ruin the lines in comparison.. Also where I come from the weather is like 30 degrees celsius with a RH around 90% so its uncomfortable as fuck wearing chinos/jeans if you're...
I raised this issue in the 'what have you done..' thread, but I think (hopefully others feel the same) that this deserves it's own thread. Unlike the old forums which presumably runs on more inefficient code, this bulletin software seems capable enough that it can remember whether a specific thread (however old) has been viewed by a specific member, so could I request that the feature be extended to remember which page in that thread a member has viewed up till? It would...
Eh, I actually quite like this.. My biggest gripe with the SF was VB would keep track of read posts up to about two weeks old, but any older and it's mark as 'old', even when I've never viewed the thread before. A request for that to be corrected so that any post, no matter how old, be marked as new so that the feature works like it should was met with an explanation that implementing it would require too large a database, understandable since there are so many users and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Corniche Oh really? I didn´t know that. Carmina´s are top notch ones while Yanko are cheapo shoes for old unstylish people. what's wrong with yanko?
Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty I wonder if people here would hate A&F if it wasn't costume de rigueur for douchebags It's not so much the people who are buying it (as is the case with Burberry in the UK) in the case as the fact that the company actively markets to and incorporates the frat-boy/beach bum identity into their corporate image. Even the founder and CEO looks like a 60 year old who couldn't let go of his college years....
What's the SF consensus regarding the Archival Clothing Rucksack? I can't decide between this and the Filson 262. Archival Clothing's blogpost about their inspirations for their version of the rucksack actually highlights many of the issues I have with the traditional Duluth style packs: http://www.archivalclothing.com/2010...-round-up.html They review the Filson 262 there too and the points are actually quite valid. I'm getting a rucksack because I've carried around a...
I was in Paris a month ago and there was a 'holy shit' moment when I realised that long line was for A&F. Having been to London and NYC among other places in the past couple of years I'm pretty sure Parisians have the best sense of aesthetics in the world, and they seemed pretty immune to fashion trends. This will pass, hopefully.
Does the Filson #262 Rucksack comfortably hold a 15" Macbook Pro in a sleeve? Also where would be the cheapest place online to get it that ships international? <3