or Connect

Posts by float

Someone do a blucher with a wrap around crepe sole and post the results
For the last few winters I've kept my eyes out for any shops doing blank wool adjustables and picking is always slim to none. I email them once a year with the suggestion they consider putting blanks up on their own site at $10-15 less than the $50-60 that shops charge for their makeups and see what kind of difference in sales they make but I've never gotten any response to the idea. Last I asked they ask for a minimum of 24 made at $22 each. I'm interested in almost any...
Link what you posted......I'm not seeing them.
Has no one in here purchased and presented some shots of the ranger moc on commando sole?
Realize the thread is stagnant but I'll put in interest on virtually any indy on commando sole. If one of these actually took off, would we be getting any kind of discount considering we're bypassing the retailers?
Anyone own a pair of 9029/9030 and indys? My indys are 10.5D while my only RW reference is the work oxford which I take in a 10. If anyone's covered direct comparisons between the indy and 9029/9030 it'd be cool to see a picture of the two side by side. All the better if your indys are on commando sole as is.
Does anyone have a pair of rangers on this sole? http://taylorstitch.com/collections/shoes-by-rancourt-and-co/products/color-8-chromexcel-ranger-moc Or has anyone seen them in any other colors being sold or flaunted on here? Interested in seeing them in other CXL shades and finding out what size you went with along with alden/rw/quoddy sizes for reference. Was kinda turned off when I emailed them and was told that sole is an extra $100 to their base price when taylor...
I never read threads on here and forgot all about this thread for anyone that still thinks they should make a point of talking about my performance in it. To timeline it out so you don't have to talk about it: I believed I was being overcharged on my personalized quote as I hadn't seen anyone charged for a new welt, I was actually being charged for new welt stitching which is custom and the price I was given was supposedly a fair one considering the extra work involved....
Price includes shipping. $5 more to Canada. Anywhere else ask. Not too old. Worn but lightly. A handfull of half hour trips to the store. No real scuffs. They're leather lined. Quoddy charged me $275 for them. Throwing in those extra laces. The peanut grizzly leather naturally look a little more worn in than it actually is. Here's another picture of them brand new/unworn:
Anyone have a picture of their bluchers and maliseets side by side? That or just a height/width measurement between the two. I don't care about the oxford 4th eyelet or the baseball stitching I'm just trying to figure out how much more shoe you're getting.