or Connect

Posts by Helix

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenHero Holy Jesus did I love me some Streets of Rage. I can't believe nobody's mentioned MST3K yet. 90s sci-fi channel was so full of awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by Texasmade This movie is looking more and more like a piece of crap. I wonder if this will be worse than the George Clooney Batman movie. The suit doesn't have nipples so no.
Buy everything from newegg. That's a really solid parts list too, though I might spend a few bucks more on a nicer PSU. When you get everything it's pretty much obvious where stuff should go on the motherboard/in the case, the only tricky part is mounting the cpu because of the thermal paste. You'll probably have more trouble installing the OS than you do putting the tower together.
If this was a regular desktop or one that would pull light duty numerical work I would say build it yourself but since it seems like you want something purpose built for number crunching just go for a prebuild. Dell makes some pretty nice workstation machines, can go up to 16 cores and more ram than you could ever need if you want/can afford it. The physics department at my uni has a couple of them that i've had ssh access to for a few FE simulations and they really blaze...
The lyrics to SCOM are painfully awful but everything guitar-related in that song is just oh so fucking awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheIdler This. I don't get the love for the post-'89 Disneys, unless they happened to coincide with your childhood. In fact, I'd wonder how many people's lists here correlate with movies that either came out when they were 6-14 or that they watched on DVD/videos at that age. +1 I will never ever even think about watching The Lion King or Aladdin objectively. I have too many happy memories attached to them. Like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggskip Omar is the greatest character is the history of TV. Discuss. This is correct. There is no discussion to be had. The only possible contender is Mcnulty. Now Snoop as the scariest character ever, that's a discussion. It is beyond me why people find Chris to be the more terrifying of the two. Also I too have had television ruined for me almost entirely by this show. I can't wait for Treme.
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Who the hell had their parents help them build Knex and Lego shit? WTF man. I've just gotten more and more dumb as more and more info has invaded my brain space. I think the source of this phenomenon has to do with the content of your avatar.
Holy shit. Veni.
Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 +1. Good way to get back on track! I totally read this as back on rack.