or Connect

Posts by Horty

I'm 6'2" x 180 and 33.5-34 waist. I usually buy W33 in sanforized denim. My Ande Whall Cougars in W33 were a little tight at first but have stretched out to the perfect size.I will look for a pair of S5000VX between 33-34. Maybe the BiG blue shadow edition in Tag size 33 which is waist 34.Thanks again for the constructive comments
No answer in Samurai Lovers, so crosspost: My friend was on vacation to Okinawa so I asked him to grab me some samurais from U Denim & Life. Initially I was thinking S5000VX24 because BiG was sold out of my size. I had a last minute change of heart and told him to grab me some standard S5000VX (17oz) because if he screwed up it would be a cheaper mistake. My first samurais btw. Even though I gave him very specific directions to get me a pair with 34in waist pre-soak, he...
Dear Samurai Lovers: My friend was on vacation to Okinawa so I asked him to grab me some samurais from U Denim & Life. Initially I was thinking S5000VX24 because BiG was sold out of my size. I had a last minute change of heart and told him to grab me some standard S5000VX (17oz) because if he screwed up it would be a cheaper mistake. My first samurais btw. Even though I gave him very specific directions to get me a pair with 34in waist pre-soak, he got me a pair of...
Oddly enough I independently sent an email to the Alden store in DC asking about whiskey indys about 2 weeks before all of this started Entered my info on the spreadsheet.
Quote: Originally Posted by emalkin23 Alden noob here. Are the Indy Boots (or any Alden boots in general) warm enough and built for a Colorado winter? I wouldn't be wearing them in deep/heavy snow but just as a daily boot if there is light snow and 20-30 degrees temps. Any recommendations? I just copped the #8 indys from TSM for wear around Denver. I originally was going to get the chromexcel, but I decided that i wanted the commando sole...
Any thoughts on Indy sizing by leather: Aniline vs Chromexcel vs Cordovan? I went to the Alden store in DC and tried on an assortment of Indys. The aniline (403) in 11C fit my heel well, but was a little tight on the widest part of my forefoot. The 11D fit ok, maybe felt a little spacious, maybe they could work with thick socks. However I wanted the chromexcel pair, which they didn't have in my size. The salesman said that the chromexcel runs a little larger than...
My pair, #50, has the four holes... I think you can also see the holes on the pair from shopfarinellis.com: http://www.shopfarinellis.com/popup....rge/426_3_.jpg The picture isn't huge, but I think the hole is definitely visible above the right corner of the right back pocket.
hellz no, got #50. Being divisible by 10 is more mathematically interesting..... jk ^nerdy what do you think about the fit. p.s. how do you insert pics in your post without them being thumbnails?
my stitching is fine..... so far with no wear, hehe. cvsf: 31 I wear nudie bootcut olas in 31, RRDG in 31x36, and RRDS in 30x34 fit pis (not great, pretty grainy): Attachment 25044 Attachment 25045
**note** long time SF watcher, first time SF poster Got the jeans in last night, sz 31 #50. Denim looks nice, good light feel, quality color. Will have to wear some dark shirts for a while because some indigo came off onto my fingers just from trying on the jeans. I could have gone either 31 or 32, but 32 was sold out when I went to the store last week, and I missed the two pairs two days ago.... oh well, I hope they stretch just a little, my nuts will be happy...