or Connect

Posts by CBRYDR

To put things in perspective, I am attaching a pic of the pocket square.
Valid points and thanks for follow-up. The one thing I liked about this pocket square was the fact there were 4 shades of blue (from darkest to lightest w/subtle white polka dots) in each quadrant. The shades would serve as accents, but I do agree and would possibly be paired with a darker tie (royal/navy blue). I do have a white linen square and actually worn that combo in the past.I wanted to switch things up a bit and move away from the white linen square and add a bit...
Thanks for the feedback. Your recommendation is quite appealing, but since I posted this, I've actually been trying to pair combinations and came up with this mix:Shifting things a bit and going with quad blue patterned subtle polka dotted pocket square (different shade of blue in each quadrant)- Solid white shirt (we agreed on this)- Solid light blue 7-fold tie- Grey socks (with multi stripe shades of blue. Accent suit color/pants)- Dark brown santoni Fatte de Mano...
Event is formal banquet dinner (not black/white tie event). Common attire among guests are suits/ties for the men. What is a good shirt/tie (in terms of style/pattern for the shirt/tie) combination to match with paisley pocket square on a light grey (50% mohair / 50% wool) summer suit? Suggestions would be great. Thanks!
I purchased an OTR suit with my exact measurements, and had the suit shipped to me. When I opened the box, the "roll" part of the lapel was flattened, thinking it couldve been caused during shipping. The suit came in it's own garment bag and was folded in half and inside of a box upon reception, so there was nothing else that attributed to the flattened lapel. Funny thing is I own the same brand suit in a different color which has a perfect roll, and was purchased from the...
Quote: Originally Posted by tennisguru The last time I sent my Tag back to Switzerland it cost me around £75, but that was about 10 years ago. An independent would be from around £40 for an Auto and from £60 for an Auto chronograph. cheers Thanks for the quick turnaround...what does the service entail?
Just wondering how often and where should I take it? I just surpassed the 2-year mark and was wondering next steps for proper care? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by nringo As someone else mentioned, buy something that fits in the shoulders and collar and get the sides taken in. Depending on what shirt you buy, the price + alterations should come in around $100. For custom, I just ordered a shirt from J. Hilburn where one of their agents comes to your home or office and measures you, shows you fabrics, then you can design the shirt. Turned out really good and the shirt is well made,...
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff If the standard is a suit, I see no reason why a nice suit wouldn't be appropriate. Light colors are much more acceptable than many people seem to fear, especially in the summer. As for other thoughts, consider making the tie a knit if you have one or can get one easily. And certainly wear a pocket square. White cotton or linen always looks nice. Something else if you have it, and coordinate properly. Pull the...