or Connect

Posts by freeAgent

The results here are interesting, but you have to consider: 1) The question is not about what your intelligence actually is, but what you think it is. If you haven't ever taken an IQ test, you probably can't say for sure if you're in the top 5% vs the "above average" cohort, etc. 2) The bell curve is measured over the entire population, and Style Forum probably does not have a representative sample of the entire US population. 3) Even withing Style Forum you'll...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bill Smith You know what that's good enough for me. I have a story for this thread. There's this woman, very attractive, my age (early 40s) and I have known her since we were in middle school. We run into each other at a local gala, I was a finalist for the local art awards for photography, she and I hung out for the evening, at the end I asked her if she wanted to go out for a hike. She said yes. I replied, fine I'll email...
Belief in soulmates is depressing. What happens if my soulmate dies? Am I just destined to spend the rest of my life unfulfilled? Believing in soulmates is like believing in predestination: stupid.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bill Smith Having been around long enough I would rather have a woman say, "Sorry but I'm just not that interested" than being on the receiving end of an obtuse reply or an easy way out. I completely agree. Unfortunately, it usually doesn't happen. At this point, I'm happy when a woman simply doesn't respond to an email or something. It's much better than being strung along.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bill Smith Funny you should say that in terms of really career focused women. I remember a few years back I went back to night school at a local university for a public relations diploma, the woman (early-mid 30 something) sitting in front of me a pretty brunette caught my eye, we'll call her Nicole. Some sparks flew so I asked her out for coffee once halfway through the course. Nicole thought I wanted an information...
As a single guy who has been in the dating pool a while, there is definitely truth in that follow-up. I was recently asked out by a woman who then had me pay for the date ($20/person brunch). Seriously? I'm not trying to run some sort of upscale food bank here. Some women are also incredibly focused on their careers to the point where they take themselves out of the dating pool entirely, with or without knowing it. I have a lot less experience with what men other than...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto Doesn't that fuck up your ears more if it's an infection and not just buildup? Not sure...hydrogen peroxide is a debriding agent, so it will help remove dead tissue and stuff. I doubt it would make an infection worse, but it might cause a lot of pain. I've heard that you're supposed to mix HP with vinegar or water. The stuff you get in the store is already mostly regular water (only something like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sazerac Who's saying everyone has to start the next Zappos.com? I'm talking about, say, starting your own law firm instead of working for someone else's law firm, or your own cab company if you're a cabbie, or your own pizza parlor if you're a pizza delivery guy. Maybe you buy a bunch of apartments in foreclosure and rent them out. Maybe you quit a dead-end job and live off savings while you write that screenplay that has...
Morning showers are non-optional for me. I can't stand the feeling of going out in the morning without having showered first, even if I showered the night before. It's also a nice way to wake up (it's the first thing I do after leaving bed during the week). I also shower at night a lot, but it's not something I feel like I have to do.
I agree with a good amount of the article, and also agree that many aspects of it apply to women, as others have said. I, however, don't see myself as a pre-adult even though I'm in my 20's. They lifestyle and attitudes associated with the pre-adult male in this article don't describe me at all. I think the real onus for writing articles like this is the author's frustration and disappointment with her own life. I feel sorry for the woman, because I'm sure she's been...