or Connect

Posts by Salad

I'd probably steer clear of denim as the shade would be really close. While/khaki/stone would all be fine. Light or mid grey would work. The tassels you describe are familiar but I don't remember them as being SM. You could always have some made by AS Handgrade (Carroll). Also, Unionmade had some Alden navy tassels but they must be sold out. I really like the AS Carroll. They'd be awesome in navy suede w/ brown grain...
Yes, original paint for a 1978 RD400, at least in the US. It was the only color available in 1978 and the '78 was the only year they did the seat with the body molding at the rear. 76-77 was different. Looking at the chart you attached, it's the second column from the left, 3rd from top. I'm going to take my tins off, find a different set, get a Laguna seat, and do a yellow/black power bar paint job like a Kenny Roberts TZ. That's the plan anyway.
i think they'll make one narrower if you ask. i also prefer 3.25.
^ Got the sweater at Barney's as well, the same day as the squares. Crazy discount on it. It was orig. $445, then $290, then $175 if I remember correctly. That's when I kopped. Last one, too.
Thanks. It's one of those you either love or hate. I have a soft spot for RL handknits so when this one went beyond half off, I had to pull the trigger.Guys, check the current sale at Barney's. That's where I got these squares.
These were sort of Xmas presents to myself. RRL Fairisle shawl cardigan. Drakes squares
Ok, here's a bad pic from my phone:The funny thing is that I just got back from dinner w/ my bro and he gave me a "voucher" for the Laguna seat I've been wanting! How cool is that? Anyway, aesthetic work needs to be done but I need a spare tank and side cover and oil tank because I don't want to paint over my originals which are in decent shape.Took this pic on Grizzly Peak in Berkeley, CA.
RD fan right here. I'm done with all the mechanics on a '78 RD400. It looks ok but I need some $ to make the aesthetic mods I want. Replaced basically every bolt on it. Runs great. Right now, rebuilt motor, drag bars, gold DG heads, Bassanni chambers, old school rearsets, braided brake lines, etc. I'd like a Laguna seat, alum swingarm and some new paint. I'll dig around for some pics.
Nice, I dig it. RL pants? Deets on the shoes too.
They have some....not sure I'd call it "a lot" and I'm not even sure how much of it was on sale. The other pieces I looked at didn't seem to be on sale. I've been watching the shawl I got for awhile now and I knew it was due for a second mark down. I was sort of focused on getting the shawl so I don't recall that much!PA isn't that far away, though. I'd say it's worth a trip today. If not there, the Fillmore shop probably has a sale going on.