or Connect

Posts by Salad

^ It's been suggested that you should try on a 6" Wolverine boot somewhere for sizing. I think it's also been mentioned that Sears carries a 6" Wolverine so try that. That's on my to do list this weekend. If not Sears then try the dealer finder on the Wolverine site.
I'm confused and so here is another sizing question. For you guys who are say "size down .5" or whatever....are you taking into acct. the conversion from UK to US? For example, I wear a 9.5 US in most dress shoes. 9.5 US is 8.5 UK typcially. So when you say size down .5, do you mean I should size .5 down from my US size or my UK size? What I think I'm hearing is I should go half size down from my US size which would be a US9. That means I should order a UK8? Ug. I...
Anyone know where to find the burgundy boat with white boat soles?
Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido - WTF is is carrying? If I'm not mistaken, that's a shillelagh, an Irish walking stick. Looks like it could be used to crack someone dome though.
I've been wearing the hickory chore coat for about a month now. They were out of Large for a long time but they should have all sizes in stock now. I have a Large. I been wearing it over heavy flannel and it fits loose. The body is very boxy. I'm thinking of ordering a medium to see if it fits better since they're so inexpensive. I hang dry it and no shrinkage to speak of. I think I need the other colors as well. I like it and have been complemented numerous...
Those Aldens look good. it's like the 405 and the RedWing 9010 had childrens. Damn.
Quote: Originally Posted by RFX45 I just placed an order for the Indy boots at ShermanBrothers.com and got 10% off with the code: Stimulus. No tax and free shipping on orders $50 or more. Sounded like a good deal $288 shipped. ^ Thanks for the code! Ordered some 405s too. $288 out the door. I called them and was told they're on backorder but I'm in no rush to get them so it's all good. I almost bought them at Alden San Francisco but...
Just go to your neighborhood army surplus. The one near me has leather map case that are pretty much identical in overall shape but probably a little rougher than the billykirk model. I think they were around $10-15. I think they were German or Swiss origin. Hard brown leather with a thin leather strap.
^ Those look great. For real, I hope mine look half as nice. I can only wear jeans on Friday and weekends so it's going to be awhile.
Quote: Btw: For your entertainment, here is another example of how bad my brother is... My wife and I went to get dinner with him a while ago (pre-GF): My wife ordered bruschetta. She pronounced it "broo shetta". My brother, at the table, starts laughing and says increduosly, "'Broo shetta,'? Um..only uneducated people say 'Broo shetta'..It's pronounced 'Broo sketa." Needless to say, my wife lost her appetite and wanted to go...