or Connect

Posts by Salad

Yup, K Swiss! I don't know how many pairs I went through. The side would always blowout by the pinkie toe and I would take fishing line and an awl and hand stitch it back to to the sole. Jordans would start to come out a few years later but my Mom would never pay that much for sneakers for me which lead to a major obsession w/ sneakers later in life. Still unabashedly a sneaker addict.
Basically, what I still wear today. I'm old. I was in 9th grade in 1982. The whole "yuppie" thing was just starting to be a thing and so prep was a popular look. Gant button down plaid shirts, 501s, and Bass Weejuns or Sperry topsiders. Today the denim is selvedge, the shirts Brooks OCBD or the occasional plaid madras, and loafers are AE Kenwoods. The overall look is the same.
Anyone see a navy knit w/ white polka dot tie? Longshot but if it's there and someone can proxy, let me know.
Lol. I had the exact problem while searching for the OCBDs.
Nice boots but I really like the rug,
^Oh man, I don't know what I'm going to do. I may have to just wait until I can get to a shop and try on some Carmina's in person. I haven't had much luck sizing loafers online anyway.
^ I have a "normal" D width but narrow pointy lasts do bug me so maybe a tad on the wide. I just tried on the Alden Copley last (loafer) in a US9.5D and they fit great. I think I may just go with the UK8.5. I'm afraid if I go with the UK9 as suggested by Carmina's chart, I'll get slippage and that's no bueno on a loafer.
So confused with sizing. I thought I had it worked out until I visited Carmina site. Why is it that Epaulet and Gentlemensfootwear have the US to UK equivalent size as 1 size down, ie. a UK8.5 = US9.5 but when you go to the Carmina site and look at their size chart it's .5 size down, ie. a UK9=US9.5? I'm thinking about ordering the navy string tie loafer in whatever size would be closest to a US9.5 but now I don't know whether to go w/ the UK8.5 or UK9. I wear an Alden...
^ I wouldn't say it's "ugly" when compared to the vast majority of mens dress shoes. The thing that bugs me with the 5th ave. and most AEs are how long the vamp is. It's like a long turned up nose on an otherwise beautiful girl. Since this is the AE appreciation thread, I will say I appreciate the Macneil and Kenwood. Both of which definitely look like what an "old uncle or grandfather would wear".
Tired of this sh*t. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/BART-girds-for-protest-at-Montgomery-Station-6020069.php Protesting because they're mad that BART won't drop charges for interrupting service during, you guessed it, a protest. You can protest but actions have consequences. Sometimes i think no here ever grows up.