or Connect

Posts by Salad

I had no idea foodnetworkhumour existed until this post. Just went through the first 14 pages. Many lawls were had. I know what I'll be doing the rest of the month.
I made a purchase a few days ago and the seller turned around and said he no longer had the item. Turns out, I was having buyer's remorse so I said cool, send me a refund which he promptly did. Now Paypal is holding my refund for "3-5 days". I've never had that happen before. Is this new? I always pay via my bank acct. and keep zero balance at Paypal and I've always been refunded in the past w/out a hold. It's basically too much to deal with now. I don't want to be...
The E brake in the rear brake caliper is fairly common on various auto makes. Go to your auto parts store and see if they will loan you a caliper retraction tool. If they don't do that, you can rotate the pistrol while you push it back. Your VW probably has two small indentations in the face of the piston. If this is the case, you can use a needle nose plier. Insert the tips of the pliers into the indentations and twist while pushing. A retraction tool is much easier...
Not sure what could have done that but I don't think it will clean up. That said, they aren't ruined, In my opinion. They're work boots and so they should have some patina. Wear them as is, even to mow the lawn. They look fine to me.
Those look good but why does the description say Danite sole when leather soles are pictured? I would like a good wet weather boot so I'd prefer Danite soles.
Happy Holidays, Spoo! FWIW, I'm about to hopefully win one of your auctions very soon!
"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H. L. Mencken
I sent mine back and it was received there on the 7th and I got it back today, so exactly 2 weeks. They told me it would be as long as up to a month but I think they say that to lower expectations. Really glad I went with brown and the 256 vs. the 257. I have a larger bag so I didn't need extra room. Now that I have it I can say the leather grip is a must.
Damn. I haven't been to Revival and this would have been a perfect opportunity. Unfortunately, I'll be in SF this evening. FWIW, there is a restaurant/bar a half block from Revival called Comal that would be a good spot for a future Eastbay SF meetup. Have fun guys.