or Connect

Posts by killua

1) Don't listen to family 2) Don't listen to friends 3) Only listen to SF /s
I don't like graphic tees, and I've been seeing less and less people wearing them around Melbourne (could just be the places I visit now). However, your friend's idea could work, and if he wants to do it then it's worth a shot for a few hundred starting up. Other than personal taste, I don't see a reason for you to talk him out of it anymore. It's also hard to show examples of other brands that failed because, well, they fail long before you get a chance to hear of...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba Would you ever tell an invited guest of yours that they're underdressed, or do you consider this rude? I would, if I specified the dress code clearly and they shot well under the mark, but I'd leave it at that and get on with the party. If they're overdressed, I would offer to take their jacket & tie, but not chastise them. As for your situation, there was nothing wrong with what you were wearing, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by killua ... Just did some re-reading and checking out of skin tones, and found a pic in natural sunlight to use as recommended on page 1. Using photoshop and wikipedia, I think my skin is desert sand, which "may be regarded as a deep shade of beige." Have to assume Summer. Anyone dare to confirm or deny this conclusion?
Bump I need your help guys. I've been trying to figure out what season I am, but honestly I'm finding it difficult using the guides posted by OxxfordSJLINY and jcriswel. I'd describe my hair as between brown and dark-brown, depending on the time of year (lighter in summer) and if I am wearing any product (darker). So Summer or Autumn? For my skin, I honestly don't know. The pic I uploaded is an accurate representation for most of the year, but I'd be more tan over...
Of the two in the OP, I think the Glaser looks much better from an aesthetic perspective. But I think the Custom Hide posted by Sri looks the best of all bags posted so far. You might also want to give rach2jlc a PM as he seems to have handled a lot of bags based on this thread. Mostly casual stuff, but he might have come across some nice leather briefcases too.
Quote: Originally Posted by thedamnscott Also, slightly off topic, any recommendations of things that I'm not likely to be told to do that I should do? Any musts while in Sydney/Australia? What do you enjoy doing? What are your interests? When in Sydney, tell them how boring Melbourne is, and that you didn't go to Brisbane because . If you're in Melbourne, tell us how you hate Sydney because of the traffic and...
First I wouldn't say I spend "so much on clothes". In terms of my priority for use of disposable income, it comes in after good food, alcohol and travel. Whatever is left over generally gets spent on clothes now. So why clothes? I want to improve each part of my life, and I consider looking and feeling good to be an important part of this. Generally, buying clothes that both look and feel good is going to be expensive. Once I've established a satisfactory waredrobe (if...
Artisinal cheese here in Aus often ranges from $50-70 per kilo, import or not. Cost of grain & feed has gone up a lot. Therefore it costs more to operate the farms. Higher than comfortable inflation hasn't helped in the last few years either. Can't really blame the farmers when you see in the news that it costs more in feed than they recover selling something like milk.
Quote: Originally Posted by stylemeup A final consideration is that all this presents a problem when I am buying clothes. I used to fit a 42 blazer and 36 pants and now I fit a 40 blazer and 34 pants AFAIK. But if I buy clothes at my current size and then decide in the future I wanna get bigger again, I'll have wasted a lot of money. If I buy clothes at my old size I could still wear them although it wouldn't look perfect, obviously. I don't have a lot...