or Connect

Posts by killua

Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley I've heard wine - unless specifically suggested by the host - is inappropriate as a gift (I suppose to a dinner party or brought by an out-of-town guest) because it suggests that the host's wine isn't good enough. Can't remember where I read that. Hope it wasn't GQ or Esquire. Not so sure about that one. I always see wine being brought to dinner parties as the default gift, regardless of who is hosting...
Maybe ask the forum buddy what their family might appreciate? What do they like that is difficult to get in NYC, or that your place of residence is known for?
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia Less success with this one, but maybe I was not in the mood. Gets great reviews with my friends. This one is on the wine list at my favourite Spanish restaurant, at $110. Could give it a go if I'm in the mood. Thanks for the help.
AFL = Australian Rules Football. A fast paced, physical game using an oval shaped ball. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ixg-fJ5RU A good chance to experience the MCG if you get a good game with a big crowd, which the one I mentioned above might be. There will be a big crowd at least.
Good luck getting to Phillip Island. Not too much on this Sunday off the top of my head. There is the Melbourne International Film Festival, but I don't think you want to see a movie as part of your 1 day here. Richmond & Essendon are playing at the MCG, if you wanted to see a game of Aussie Rules Football. First bounce at 2:10, and would finish at approx 4:50. Regarding food/drink, it depends on what you are after but I wouldn't put any Schezuan place on the top of...
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia My favourite CAD$20.00 Shiraz anywhere is Only three dollars more and in a different universe than their entry level Koonunga Shiraz (a fruit bomb with no character). Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I'm next in need of a quick R2D purchase. On another note, does anyone have experience with Tempranillo wines from Spain? I've had a pretty good experience picking random ones at Spanish...
Quote: Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost Isn't Digg all about who can come up with the funniest joke regarding the particular article? No it's about who can copy the funniest comment that was submitted on Reddit, yesterday, when the story was popular over there. As for Digg, it can be good depending on what you want to use it for. Hate all the articles about politics and Apple? I'm pretty sure you can filter those out to keep the news...
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia I'm a small timer for red wine, but Penfolds has always been my favourite winery. I go for the BIN 369 though, and I don't think anything much higher is worth it for me. Can't wait till the time I manage to get to their winery in Coonawarra on my mission finding the best Cab Sav in Australia. BTW most recent purchase was a dozen of the Taminick 2005 premium Shiraz. Remind me in 5 years to let...
I generally make a point of not ordering anything made to suit western tastes if I'm eating in a non-western restaurant.
I though people generally drink single malk whiskey when smoking a cigar. As for beer, I usually drink Aussie beer and don't smoke so I'm probably not much help. However, if you get a chance to drink the pale ale by Little Creatures that would be my recommendation.