Posts by OyezDC

About 2.5 inches -- here is a photo
Gorgeous 3-piece single-breasted suit in Minnis air force blue flannel (0304) made by W.W. Chan.  2-button jacket with single-breasted waistcoat.  Flat front pants with belt loops, side adjusters, and suspender buttons; 1.5" cuffs.  Price is $600, which includes priority shipping in US with insurance; shipping elsewhere is at cost. This is a spectacular suit that has been worn only once.  I foolishly ordered it just before embarking on a strength training program that saw...
+1 - I've found the same to be true of my size 42 F lasts. Some are borderline tight, others have a lot of play in the forefoot and instep. They are great shoes, but I do wish the sizing were more consistent.
Looks great UC -- what is the cloth on the Chan?
Saw Chan yesterday -- yep, the same Minnis flannel two-piece (0301) I got for $1430 last year is now $1851. Patrick and I didn't talk about the price increase, but it appears they are getting as much work as they can handle, and feel they have room to keep pushing through price increases.
Wow - I paid $1430 for a Minnis flannel just last year...
+1 My lame IE browser at work is completely overwhelmed by the new system; FF/Chrome run just fine at home. Oh well, work productivity should go up...
Expect to pay $1000-1200 for a sport jacket in a good fabric.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley What is the default style for moleskins? I assume, given their casual nature, flat fronts and no cuffs is the default? Thanks, ET That's how I do them. And they are among my favorite trousers, a welcome sight when the cold months come.
Quote: Originally Posted by Knowledge is King haha, yes of course I was joking -- just having a little fun since the image was quoted so many times in a row. Now for a real question. Any sizing comparisons between F last and C&J 341? In particular, I'm wondering about width and how elongated the F last is in comparison to the C&J 341. Thanks. I wear an 8UK in the 341 and a 42 in F last. The fit is similar -- the F may have a little...