or Connect

Posts by norcaltransplant

NWOB Allen Edmonds Black Bentley 11.5D New Without Box Model: Bentley Color: Black Size: 11.5D Last: AE #4 Sole: Full Rubber MSRP: $295 My Price: $119 shipped! Notes: The shoes are floor samples. No punch marks in the sole, but there is no box or shoe bag included. I'll try to describe shoes as best as possible. Shoes have a few scratches on the uppers, most prominent near the heel counter of the left shoe. A few micro creases from try-ons. Priced below...
Sutor Mantellassi $375 for Pebble Grain Wingtips from the handmade line
Quote: Originally Posted by ms244 At the risk of a hijack.... Are these Church's on ebay corrected grain or not and whats the expert opinion on quality? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6920&rd=1&rd=1 Im almost sure the shoes are made from corrected grain. The Royal Tweed line from Church's is on par with many of the Loake offerings I've run across at Charles Tyrwhitt. They are, for the most part, completely forgettable for...
I'm not completelt familiar with the Gleenshee model, but I can provide a little information about the current Church lineup as compared to Crockett Benchgrade and Handgrade. First of all, Church's are better known than Crockett in the US and subsequently retail for similar prices or slightly higher (around the $500 mark). Following the Prada acquisition, and even before, Church's preferred to make extensive use of cobbler calf or corrected grain in their offerings. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz "Traders are known for being bold on pinstripe suits, garish cufflinks, luxury watches such as Brequet, that can sell for as much as 60,000 pounds, Gucci belts and pointy shoes." This is probably better than the States, where New York professionals wear Gucci loafers with their Hugo Boss suits and some Rolex variation. I think the Submariner is a classic sport watch, but it's just that, a sport...
I second the recommendation of spreading your business between multiple stores. 10k would actually afford, maybe, three jackets at Vacca during the currrent sale. At full retail prices, the purchases outlined in your spree would approach 20k. Barney's or Bergdorf would be much better suited to handle your shopping needs. They both stock an assortment of brands, Bergdorf in particular, to match a variety of sartorial tastes. Thankfully, both stores are located within...
duplicate post
The main criticism of Church's, is the fact, until very recently, the company has favored linen linings and mediocre quality uppers on many of their "Custom Grade" shoes. The bookbinder leathers in particular, were considered a major turnoff. Given their high retail prices, around $500, I dont find them to be a very good value considering Crockett and Jones and even Alfred Sargent offer similar or superior quality at similar price points. RE: Shoe Life A smaller...
Bump, added interior pictures
I suggest emailing Plal. Mr. Doshi used to stock a version of the Weymouth in the past that didnt include a floating medallion. Crockett also has a wholecut called the Alex or something, ZJPJ owns a version, from the benchgrade line that can be had for $320 from the same vendor.