or Connect

Posts by norcaltransplant

Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Many credit them with creation of the first Swiss Chronometer certification, first waterproof wristwatch, the first modern self-winding mechanism, the first diving watch, the first shockproof watches, the first "oyster" case of expensive 904L steel, and notably the most vertically integrated company-they make their own movements, cases, crystals and bracelets. Approximately one thousand patents in horology in its...
I own approximately forty pairs of dress shoes, even a few redundancies within my collection, but I have never considered purchasing a tassel loafer. I have one pair of Aldens that were commissioned for Brooks Brothers. The quality is nice, but I just prefer the sleeker lines and cleaner finish of British shoes. Jan- I don't get the aversion to Chukka Boots. All the most trendy designers including Prada and Paul Smith sell variations of the Chukka boot or chelsea. ...
I definitely recommend NOT investing in a month's worth of underwear--credit goes to SightSee. Approximately 14-15 days should be sufficient to avoid frequent trips to the laundry room without amassing a floor full of stinky clothes. Realistically, I found that a fresh supply of laundry prior to my reading period and finals was important. Aside from those 10-14 days, laundry was never a huge problem. I have never worn a track jacket. Hoodies for casual affaris,...
Size 13 Formal Shoes for Brooks Brothers Odd size, good price on formal shoes.
I even shined the toe caps during the first half of the Ohio St.-Mich St. game. Time to actually start some productive work... Good luck on the interview with the new suit and shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I think Rolex really tries to focus on sports watch qualities like durability, accuracy, and ease of service. Nevertheless the 3135 movement is spectacular in finish and quality imho... It has terrific design and has been regarded by folks like Gene Stone author of The Watch as a classic automatic movement. The easiest retort to this statement: Seiko strives for many of the same goals, and comes close...
The leathers used in the uppers are the same thickness. The linings and the amount of corking used in the soles are probably lighter and/or thinner. The corking is pure speculation, though the liners, on average, are definitely lighter than their English counterparts. As Jcusey stated, the designation of "handmade" is nearly worthless. A completely handmade shoe retailing for less than $500 would not be financially possible.
There are two active issues addressed in this thread. First of all, the starter topic, "what is wrong with Men's Warehouse," ellicits a knee jerk reaction from many forumites, who, during their first forray into formalwear, probably got suckered into buying from Men's Warehouse. I am one of those people. The suit was perfectly functional for my highschool Junior Statesman and Model UN conferences, etc. but the price:quality was definitely suspect. The worst part of the...
Great looking loafers Drizzt. I know there is a decided preference for English/American brands on both Styleforum and Ask Andy (definitely a theme on the latter), but sometimes the flair of the Italians is just more appropriate. Pairing the jeans with these shoes looks perfect.
Thanks for the effort kronik. I wonder how long they will allow this promotion to last. I just picked up a few shoes trees at C21, so I really should spend more money on replacements. Having extra trees lying around is just asking for trouble...