or Connect

Posts by norcaltransplant

Cypress Grove Midnight Moon (goat cheese. very nutty) From Union Market ($23 #)
JOS Banks shoe trees from SD
I'm looking to make my first attempt at braised beef cheeks. I was thinking about slow cooking them in red wine. Can I use my Le Creuset dutch oven for the marinade and cooking without worrying about the enamel being ruined over a 24-36h period?
Another factor I believe missing from the argument, is the scale of compensation provided by the 100-hour work week jobs. If the difference between working 50 hours as compared to 100 hours corresponds to a pay raise from 80k to 160k, I would be hesitant to bury myself pursuing the latter. However, from my understanding, the compensation packages in the finance industry function on a much higher scale, e.g. the difference between 125-150k to low seven figures if you are...
And what if you are involved in the above professions?
I'm interested in this thread.
See: How Much Do You Work? My hours are slightly better. I'm averaging about 10 hours per weekday and two full weekends per month. July-August is the busiest time for me. Part of this is voluntary (FWIW, I'm an attending).
Please reply to PM
FWIW, in my prior watch collecting/trading days, I purchased a watch from a guy wearing a Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph on a S/S bracelet who drove a Toyota Camry.
500k HHI cannot afford a personal jet. It may be enough for a small prop plane. Actually, 500k in a major city (NYC, SF, LA, Chcago, London, Paris, etc.) is pretty "middle class" style living. FWIW, I can understand the appeal of a fake Rolex for a nouveau riche/aspiring type person