or Connect

Posts by norcaltransplant

Hooray for Me. Congrats also to A Harris and GQLawyer (if still around)
Racing towards 34... starting to feel old.
I adhere to a Vanguard philosophy and haven't changed my allocations at all for the past 9 months. A lot of my savings is tied to a biannual windfall bonus so I try spread my automatic investments into three to four month blocks. Im currently underweighted in bonds, and cant find much motivation to delve into fixed income given the historically poor yields and minimal bond offerings in my tax deferred space (403b). As far as individual stocks, I don't really have the...
Were the poll results ever released in a public format? I always wondered about the demographic breakdown of SF. I have an infatuation with NY Times census data.
Be patient. Shop sales. Find a few things that work for you, and your wardrobe will gradually expand in both quality and quantity. I have more than enough mid-to-high grade clothing I've accumulated after a little more than a decade of Styleforum. I celebrate my ten year anniversary on the site next month! P.S. I'm not part of 35% tax bracket, and I was a NYC graduate student for the better part of the past decade.
Cypress Grove Midnight Moon (goat cheese. very nutty) From Union Market ($23 #)
JOS Banks shoe trees from SD
I'm looking to make my first attempt at braised beef cheeks. I was thinking about slow cooking them in red wine. Can I use my Le Creuset dutch oven for the marinade and cooking without worrying about the enamel being ruined over a 24-36h period?
Another factor I believe missing from the argument, is the scale of compensation provided by the 100-hour work week jobs. If the difference between working 50 hours as compared to 100 hours corresponds to a pay raise from 80k to 160k, I would be hesitant to bury myself pursuing the latter. However, from my understanding, the compensation packages in the finance industry function on a much higher scale, e.g. the difference between 125-150k to low seven figures if you are...
And what if you are involved in the above professions?