or Connect

Posts by norcaltransplant

They carry a loafer which has a much fuller ankle than the 73. They also stocked a spectator on the 71, and a semi-brogue blucher in an antique burgundy in the 71. There were also two boots included in the sale.
The B&M Barney's sale was very good with regards to shoe selection. They had the John Lobb Vale in black discounted to $650-675ish. Sizing was limited, and it's on the 7000 last. The discontinuation of G&G was confirmed by the sales guy I spoke to (Ahmed). Most models were in the $450ish range. Small sizes (& & 7.5UK) have been depleted. My damage included a pair of captoe JL monks (last pair in 7UK). They had three other pairs of JL on discount, though only the...
The second boot with the tweed is made by Alfred Sargent. I purchased a similar pair with a medallion in chestnut calf.
1) New 2013 Civic is much better than the prior version2) Elantra is nice3) Focus depreciates like hell though recent models have been holding up due to fuel savings4) Altima is significantly nicer than the Sentra5) Honda Fit Sport (?)I personally drive a Toyota Yaris sedan around NYC and wished that I spent the extra coin for Fit though my car has already taken a beating in 2 years (cracked grill, door dings, multiple scrapes on front and rear bumper). You cannot drive a...
Look man, you need to start reading about the differences between Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, 401ks/403bs, and HSAs/FSAs. Each product has advantages and disadvantages based on different tax strategies and expectant incomes. I didn't know much about any of the above six years ago, but I was forced to learn. The only person who has an honest interest in the well being of jakety is yourself. It behooves oneself to spend a little time and self-educate yourself. Start...
Horrific Tib Fib Fracture. That will be a long rehab and I will be surprised if the kid will maintain his pre-injury explosiveness.
You can recharacterize a Roth. See for the above link. Your age, however, is the greatest benefit to contributing to a Roth
FWIW, my hierarchy of financial priorities for the OP would be: 1) emergency fund (3-6 months in short term accounts like HY online savings or CDs or Ibonds after 1-year holding) 2) Consumer Debt (Credit Cards) if APY >10% 3) 401k up to company match if you are staying for >2 years 4) Roth IRA 5) The remainder of your 401k 6) Medical savings accounts (esp if you have children) 7) Taxable savings 8) Fun Edit: At 2.3% let your student loans sit, especially if you still...
The problem with the conversion, is that if you have a significant amount of savings in a traditional IRA which cannot be rolled into another tax sheltered vehicle (e.g. 401k) you are automatically taxed on the basis at your marginal income tax bracket. Fees for closing account are usually nominal (I paid ~$100 per institution). The fees and, primarily, the additional incurred taxes, however, can easily offset the potential gains of funding a backdoor Roth. The...
Too much? What do you mean? You just need to roll over ALL old accounts into a 401k or pay taxes on the basis from the prior accounts. Oh, and be sure to fill out form 8606.