or Connect

Posts by norcaltransplant

Or owe a lot of money. Most bonuses are taxed at a flat 28% rate. For people who are in the 33% and 39.6% tax bracket, and subject to AMT, there is high likelihood that you that you will pay money back to the IRS. E.g the upper middle class wage slave (150-400k).Maxing out a 401k and the backdoor IRA are really the only good tools for minimizing tax burdens on young, single professionals. Overweight investments in international equities may also provide some benefit,...
New York has been brutal this winter. From the Japanese Garden inside the BBG.
Winter 3 by pomomojo, on Flickr Post processing by Picasa--haven't had the time to invest or learn Adobe lightroom
Halloween, 3rd St. in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY 2013
Fuji XE-1 with 18-55mm Lens AND 35mm F/1.4 Prime Lens The XE-1 is being heavily discounted right now because the camera is going to be replaced by the XE-2. I got lucky with mine. It was supposed to be open box, but I managed to receive a brand new camera due to a checkout SNAFU. FYI, this is my first foray into semi-serious photography. The XE-1 is likely more camera than I really need... but the price was within my budget and I have been differing my purchase for...
I haven't been wearing my watches with much frequency, and I noticed that they have started to keep horrible time. I need to get them serviced, and wanted to use someone local. No major complications. My most difficult piece that needs a good cleaning is a 34mm JLC MUT. I also have an IWC 3706 (7750 movement) and an IWC Portofino (2892) that are also due for service. I prefer to use a local shop with competitive pricing.... hoping for less than $500/watch
So you express a preference for modern furniture. Stay away from Room & Board, C&B, Pottery Barn, etc. My own suggestions: 1) Ligne Roset: Italian modern furniture. I purchased a second hand rosewood armoir from LR a few years ago but had to pass it along to a friend when I moved in with my girlfriend. Excellent quality stuff. Much nicer than B&B Italia. 2) ABC Carpet: gigantic and offers an eclectic mix of styles
NWOT Incotex Charcoal Gray Wool Trousers Eu54/US37 I have few odds and ends left from my B&S days. These trousers are one of my last pairs from the Daffy's old stock. Single Pleat Charcoal Gray 100% Wool; Tropical Weight Made in Italy Size: Eu54 (tagged); Slim fit for the European Market Waist: 37” measured Inseam: Unfinished (37") Rise: 11.5" Cuff: 8.75" MSRP: $325+ My Price: $85 --> $79 shipped US
My coworker replaced his 8 year old Honda Odyssey with a 2013 ML450. It's a nice family car.