or Connect

Posts by norcaltransplant

Trying to keep this thread alive... From the Delaware Water Gap on the NJ/PA border
Price drop and bump!
Currently up for auction on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/232045024123?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Try Boglioli or LBM 1911.
I smell a strong scent of troll in this post.
Fuji XE-1 Body Sensor: 16 MP APS-C Includes Box, All Manuals, Charger, OEM Battery, Unused OEM Strap Generic 8GB SD Card Does not include XF18-55 lens at this price The camera is in good, but used condition. There are cosmetic blemishes to the camera, but nothing that affects performance. Add an expensive XC lens and you have a very competent camera for not a lot of $$$ Price: $209 -> $185 shipped from NYC.
Death of the Modern Tailor in NYC - As per Dailybeast I've never heard of this guy, though the article is a pleasant fluff read. Appointing him as "NYC Finest Tailor," is nice headline grabber. Discuss
Alden Model: 974 Wingtip Balmoral #8 Shell Cordovan Last: Tremont (true to size) Size: US 7.5D MSRP: $698 My price: $429 shipped CONUS --> SOLD Shop wear on the soles, otherwise in pristine condition. See attached for pictures. Comes with box and shoe bags. Shoes are firsts wrapped in plastic. Priced for quick sale
It's not just the main zipper. It may also include additional hardware on the jacket (e.g. motorcycle styles). Sourcing better leather with a good grain, appropriate weight, and attractive dyes is costly. European/Western manufacturing demands a premium. The latter may not add much to the quality of the garment, but it makes a difference once products are marketed as "luxury" goods.
Even at a $150-450 pre-Brexit budget, you are working with a very limited budget for a leather jacket. Anything under $500 MSRP will likely be made in China with lower-end hardware. Your best bets are "high-street stores" like Zara, Banana Republic, Massimo Dutti, Scotch & Soda, etc. Higher quality leather jackets with improved design and East Asian manufacturing start around $1k USD. Examples would include Sandro, Theory, etc. If you are stateside, the best value...