or Connect

Posts by norcaltransplant

null
When are you visiting? Recommendations in the city are very seasonal dependent. Outdoors are a no go for another month.
Are you a troll?
I tried it on around the house and maybe worn it once outside my apartment. It was dry cleaned once for storage. It's at least four years old though almost new.
Trillion Gray Cashmere V-Neck MSRP: $595 Exclusive Palm Beach Retailer Lightweight Cashmere Sweater Tagged: EU48 Best fit: US38-39 Chest: 22" laying flat Price: $55 --> $49 -->$44 --> sold. Last bump before heading for a donation. This is a really great deal for high quality cashmere. I wear a 36 US and this is just too big for me.
Nicky: previously stocked at Barney's New York. Hard to find in the US at present. Massimo Bizzocchi: patterns are very hit or miss, though I appreciate Bizzocchi for being adventuresome in both palette and pattern. Finamore: I have no idea who they subcontract for ties, but the quality is excellent based on the few examples I have handled. Countess Mara is a sad relic of the past.
In the spirit of the current Northeast blizzard
The most common rug sizes are 6x9' and 8x10'. There is a steep learning curve when shopping for rugs. Do you have a ballpark budget? I would not recommend spending more than $500 for synthetics. 6x9' handwoven wool rugs start at around $750-1000 in the big box stores (WestElm, C&B, Pottery Barn, etc.). 8x10' are closer to $1250-1500. Contemporary rugs are generally cheaper than traditional, though "luxury"/designer versions of the former exist. I bought my first...
This is pretty much my own experience on a Smalltimer scale. I tilt my 403b to fixed income for tax purposes and hold index funds in my taxable portfolios. I got in a bit late to catch the big upswing after 08/09, but I consider myself in decent shape... until I get married and/or have kids.EDIT: Pio did you ever contribute to a Backdoor IRA? I remember you asked a few years ago.
I'm in the market and need an 8x10' piece. I prefer classic as compared to contemporary and want 100% wool. My budget is 1k, so Im limited to liquidators or the secondary market. I also have a car to travel outside the City Open to suggestions