or Connect

Posts by shasta

wow - I love this idea! going to stop tonight after work and pick up a buffing wheel! Why didn't I think of this?
what is the trick for touching up the natural antique oak edge? I have the LSxSF #8 shortwings that have taken a couple shots to the edge on the toe
cool - I looked back a few pages and it sounds like the godfather himself (tom at leathersoul) just wears them right out of the box, so that's what I'll go for as well.I had read somewhere that wax polishes arent the best. What do most people go with for #8 shell?
My #8 shortwings just showed up from leathersoul. Wow, I'm so glad I pulled the trigger. Ordered on Thursday evening, and they were at my desk first thing monday morning. Being this is my first experience with shell - are there any precuations to take when breaking these in? Obviously, shoe trees are an obvious need, but I thought I had read somewhere about using a pen to control the creasing? Thanks!
getting pretty close to page 1,000!
Washed the shirt - no shrinking issues to report. I agree with some of the comments that I've seen that the cuffs and collar are very stiff - not sure what's up with that. I ordered the thick MOP buttons - they are great, but it's a little snug getting them through the button holes - wish they would have given me some more clearance. Wore the shirt today - at least 5 or 6 comments from co-workers. I'd expect some orders are on the way!
Quote: Originally Posted by wj4 Does anyone here get Alden belts to match their Aldens? If so, can you weigh in on the quality and sizing? Thanks. I picked up a snuff suede belt to match my snuff suede strong wings from Leffot. Leather is butter soft and I sized up to a 36 (I have a 33/34 waist)
Update: the fit on my shirt is very acceptable. I'm a little bit concerned about shrinkage though, so I'm going to launder if the fit is still spot on, I think I'll be ordering a few more (or making some slight adjustments to my measurements. Really impressed with the quality - I wasn't expecting much for $50 MTM, and I also went with the MOP thick buttons - which are nice, but a little tricky to get through the button holes because of the thickness.
My first shirt just arrived. Order was placed on 3/6, Shipment was on 3/11, and recieved on 3/22. I'd say that's a very good turnaround. Haven't tried it on yet, but the thick buttons look very sharp and I'm happy with the fabric.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pieceofsand Approximately 7 business days for me here in Michigan. Thanks - getting antsy to see it in person. I'm second guessing my fabric choice based on the picture that was emailed to me, but will have to see/feel it in person before passing any judgement.