Posts by mainy

This thread is idiotic. Buying multiple sizes of the same item and then returning the ones that don't fit is a pretty blatant abuse of their return policy. It isn't a, "buy half the store and keep only what fits you" policy, it's a return policy in case something doesn't work out. It's supposed to make you feel comfortable about buying an item you're on the fence about, not give you carte blanche to use their store inventory as your personal sizing wardrobe. Either way,...
Quote: Originally Posted by greekgeek The pictures do not show it well but one toe cap on the the chestnut pair looks f'd, doesn;t really look like a tear though. Do you remember any bl ems on the captoes when you had them in hand? I don't think the 30 days matters if they were actually damaged when you shipped them. If not then just defend yourself with "Seller Protection" Yeah, I'm sure they had a scuff or two on them but I use...
Quote: Originally Posted by Naf Nasitra WHy not fabricate an auto-response email that indicates you're out of town for two weeks. In two weeks, after a total of 45 days have passed, reply to his email & request more info. If you can drag it out past the 45 day mark, he can't file with Paypal. While genius, I have auctions running and if this guy is trying to pull this now, I'm sure he's smart enough to be aware of the deadlines. No doubt why...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT Let me know if you guys can spot any 'tears'. I have a way to avoid this going to Paypal I think, I just wanted to make sure waiting a month was as ridiculous as I thought it was... sigh.
Quote: Originally Posted by jreigen Link to auction? Not trying to put this guy's ebay username out there, just trying to figure out if I'm being paranoid, or if this really is as absurd as it seems to me.
Jesus Christ, just when I think buyers on ebay cannot possibly get any worse I stumble upon this guy. Person buys 2 pairs of nearly new Allen Edmonds shoes from me, ~50 dollars a pair, I combine shipping, etc. ONE MONTH LATER: I get this great email: " Dear Sirs, I have received the shoe but unfortunately I am going to have to return them. They are definately not "a beautiful pair", "amazing", nor in "greatcondition". Both pairs of shoes have tears in the...
These feel thick enough to stop bullets, which will be especially useful if you are wearing them in a bad part of town. Or hunting moose, or whatever. $40 shipped, they are in great condition - then again, these pants would be hard to damage. I will measure the inseam later, but it's long.
definitely got some dings but still look pretty
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoofit THis is awesome, that you guys were able to do this. Of all the tea shops in China, or rather thrift shops with Aldens. Those suede chukkas look awesom btw. Yeah, it was pretty awesome. My thoughts went from, "sweet, aldens!" to "NO THEY ARE MISMATCHED" to "hey I wonder if alan has the matching shoe" to "HEY he has the matching shoe!". This, ladies and gentlemen, is the magic of styleforum. Also, I...