or Connect

Posts by mainy

I was having a really crappy day of thrifting yesterday - like 5 hours and 6 MEH items - until my last stop. I literally walked in the door, the jeans rack was 15 feet away from me, I saw the denim on these and just KNEW what I was looking at. 2 pairs of vintage Big E Levis 501's (#6 top button), with some sick fadez, in the ultimate You're Going to Japan! size of 30x31. Both pairs total came to under $15. Then I went back to the same store today and nabbed a pair of mint...
yes, immediately I thought harley owners group but it just doesn't seem... right - I don't know, the motif just seems weird. But that may be it
a few of the more interesting items from today apc cashmere crewneck - $9 womens pure blue japan jeans - $7 engineered garments - $6 issey miyake, these seem nwot - $8 gorgeous women's vince jacket, paper thin leather - $10 sawyer shearling - $30 awsome neiman marcus double layered cashmere track jacket - $10 ok, wtf is the motif on this smathers branson belt? I always buy these when I see them, but this may have been a poor decision - $7 leonard homme...
Can't believe somebody donated those 3sixteens. In case you guys don't know, faded to shit / legitimately worn in denim is like... a thing now on Ebay. Yeah, I know this isn't the Ebay thread, but still - people are legitimately now too lazy to buy their own raw denim, but want legit fades, and are willing to pay for it.
Yeah, this is what I found! Crazy to know who they belonged to, and since I found these in SF and this appears to be a very uncommon name, it had to be this person. Where the hell had they been kicking around for the past 70 years? Wow.
Interesting. Googled the guy who's name is on them - Looks like he was born about 1895 in Japan, came to the states, ran a restaurant in Solano, and got interned on Angel Island during WWII. Fascinating. I think I will just auction these and see how they go.
Okay vintage experts, I need some help. I've had these sitting around in a pile for about 6 months, just rediscovered them today. Paid top dollar for these so I hope they're a gem? Really having a hard time finding anything about these / dating them, but they feel old as hell, way older than the Big E Levi's I've found in the past. Halp.
would be ten years but AHS took all the kiton
OH, i also got a TON of ties this week for some reason... prada, hermes, brioni, kiton, charvet, ricci, rlpl, rlbl, canali, zegna, gucci, versace, burberry, isaia... think I got damn near every brand you'd want to find, at least one of them haha. About 65, too lazy to spread them out properly but here's an idea: [[SPOILER]] $2-3.50 a piece
woops forgot some things