Posts by mainy

two of my more favorite recent finds.... first off, my all time greatest vintage find. 80's yugo satin jacket, made for sales team maybe? You have to see this thing in person to believe it, so garish it almost makes your head explode. Fairly certain this may be the only one of these in existence after extensive googling. not sure if it's actually discolored, or just the satin reflecting in the photo - either way, don't think it'll really matter when i go to sell this,...
heh nopei can do the entire city in about 3 hours now so I've been crushing south bay
some of you are probably going to call bullshit on this, because it's so fucking unbelievable in my opinion. jacket is totally brand new. unfinished everything, buttons, everything included. pants are totally unaltered, pockets still sewn shut, unhemmed. NO DAMAGE whatsoever, i went over this with a damn magnifying glass under bright lights. cannot begin to understand why this was donated. here's the kicker: the jacket was orphaned from the pants, put the...
in bruges is a truly amazing movie on that note - i had my truly most wtf, how did this happen? find ever today
i have no idea why anybody would use garagesale over file exchange - i can't possibly fathom how it could be faster
don't know model name, but i sold this exact model about 2 years ago for $1100
man, the weather here was beauuuuutiful today. so i thought i'd take some pics of my finds from yesterday... on my deck paul stuart suit, $16 kiton suit, $16 gustin, nwot kicking mule workshop, nwot kicking mule workshop, gustin, pure blue japan (womens) - all $10 each PERFECT loro piana cashmere sweater, i kept expecting to find a hole, but nope - $6.50 three brioni jackets, 2 are orphans I think, but will work fine as sportcoats - $8 each mint polo italy...
I was having a really crappy day of thrifting yesterday - like 5 hours and 6 MEH items - until my last stop. I literally walked in the door, the jeans rack was 15 feet away from me, I saw the denim on these and just KNEW what I was looking at. 2 pairs of vintage Big E Levis 501's (#6 top button), with some sick fadez, in the ultimate You're Going to Japan! size of 30x31. Both pairs total came to under $15. Then I went back to the same store today and nabbed a pair of mint...
yes, immediately I thought harley owners group but it just doesn't seem... right - I don't know, the motif just seems weird. But that may be it
a few of the more interesting items from today apc cashmere crewneck - $9 womens pure blue japan jeans - $7 engineered garments - $6 issey miyake, these seem nwot - $8 gorgeous women's vince jacket, paper thin leather - $10 sawyer shearling - $30 awsome neiman marcus double layered cashmere track jacket - $10 ok, wtf is the motif on this smathers branson belt? I always buy these when I see them, but this may have been a poor decision - $7 leonard homme...