or Connect

Posts by knowsnothin

Quote: Originally Posted by ezboy1000 Interested in 52L/42L Suits or Sportcoats and possibly outerwear. +1
PM Sent re: 10 & 11
[quote=rlschwart;2248501] Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto Wow, thanks. Do they take phone orders and ship? Some of your related images were nice as well: It's worth a shot. Just a warning - the staff in this particular shoe department can be quite snooty and unhelpful. I disagree. I found the staff to be very helpful. They were also very busy. I purchased a pair of black Bamfords on Friday. There was only one shoe of each pair...
So, is Saks' strategy of sacrificing sales volume to increase its margin going to result in increased revenue, or even enough revenue to keep Saks in business? I have my doubts.
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel There is really nothing that can be done with the pants, you are SOL. This was probably a case of the tailor forgetting what you wanted (cuffs) or the workers making a mistake. I doubt you will get anything out of your tailor but if you do, the price you paid for the suit is what you should ask for, not what the suit would cost today. At the end of the day, keep in mind that it is just clothes and there will always...
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay I also think pleated pants look better with cuffs, they do look unbalanced to me otherwise. By the way, I'm sure I either didn't get working buttons or I paid more for alterations on the three suits. Upon reflection I think the tailor charged $100 per jacket just for the working buttons, thus I must have paid more, but not what you paid. Apologies for the error. No need to apologize. I just though you...
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay Can your wife add a false cuff? The amount you paid for alterations seems absurb. I remember buying three suits and having a significant amount of work done on each including working buttons. The total cost for all three was only around $120.00 IIRC. I'm not inclined to defend my tailor at this point, but 4 x 8 working buttons x $10 is $320. So, without working buttons, I would have paid $750 - $320 =...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel edit: BTW, you paid the alterations guy $750 for alterations to three suits? Is that correct? 2 suits and two jackets with working sleeve buttons.
I need advice. I bought two "Stuart's Choice" suits at the sale a few months back, each at 90% off. I recently took one of the suits to my tailor, whom I've been quite happy with for the last 15 years. I also brought an Oxxford Clothes suit and two jackets to be tailored at the same time. Now, I would swear that he asked if I wanted cuffs on both pairs of suit pants, and I said yes, like I have done every other time (over ten). However, there was nothing in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano You should not question the wisdom of the foo, noob. If a "noob" is somone who joined S/F prior to both you and Mafoofan, then I guess I'm a "noob."