or Connect

Posts by knowsnothin

I asked this question a few years ago. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=26996 Now, three years later, the shoes have held up well. I just had both pairs re-heeled. Funny story-- I sent them to different shops to see which cobbler did a better job, the one closest to my home or closest to my job. The cobbler in Westwood was more expensive, but did a much better job.
I paid $238 for the exact same sweater on ebay 3 weeks ago. You decide.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Hmm, I just put stuff into my luggage, they never lose it. I probably have more chances of getting hit by a car than of permanently losing my luggage. +1 I put my suit, shirts & shoes, along with gym clothes & sneakers, in a large bag, and check it in.
Quote: Originally Posted by adagio +1 for PLAL www.plal.com Usually the prices are very reasonable and they are very customer focused. +1. They have the lowest advertised prices.
In NYC this afternoon I saw a few small sized Sutors each for over $250. But, they had what I think are these (as the soles and heel nails are the same) for $179 with the blue plastic shoe trees and bags. http://cgi.ebay.com/New-850-Sutor-Ma...item5636d0d426 They are by the check-out counter with the Lavin shoes. I would have picked them up but I already have a pair of EG and a pair of C&J black captoes. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by theyare Thanks, just wondering if $300 would be a fair price by SF standards. $900-$1000 retail with 70% off. Yes!
I just wanted to join the chorus and thank Chorse123 for the tan grain boots. They arrived yesterday, and I could not be happier. Quote: Originally Posted by razl Just wanted to say big thanks to chorse123! I took him up on the proxy offer for a pair of the black calf and he got em, shipped em pronto, and they arrived today. It couldn't have worked out better and, as someone who's always hunting for hard-to-find ankle boots, I got a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Good snag. Beat me to it. And someone else beat me to it.
PM sent re: #5.
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty You brought a pair of pants to a dry cleaner for alterations. They accidentally put a hole in them. You were upset. They offered to reimburse you for the pants. You said, "These pants cost $110!" They said, "Wow, do you mind if we see a receipt?" You brought in the receipt and they cut you a cheque. Were you hoping they would kiss your ass as well? lefty +1 Furthermore, are you serious? ...