or Connect

Posts by knowsnothin

If you are in Boston, try these two Filene's Basement stores. Both stores usually have a limited selection of Oxxford suits, which are highly thought of here. (Search the word "Oxxford" if you wish). They also have a "Vault" section, which consists of prior season merchandise from high-end stores across America. There may be other suit brands there that you like. If you don't find something you like, but are still in the market for a suit, go back every...
Quote: Originally Posted by junkyard_sal As for my tailoring details that distinquish my coat. I had the sleeves shortened also and a few other minor things done. We all have our own tastes and preferences. Sure you did. And I bought an original Picasso and had it cut in half so it would fit in a small frame that I really liked. I also purchased the original Batmobile and had it customized to look like a 1972 Dodge Dart. ...
Go on ebay and search for 15.5 necks with 37 inch sleeves, or whatever combination you want. http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Dress-...6.c0.m14.l1514
Quote: Originally Posted by Good Morning Sir! This is so gross, why would anyone make a wallet out of a wiener wuerstchen? Because, if you rub it, it turns into a suitcase.
C&J Clifford
Quote: Originally Posted by kentuckyboy So I just recieved a pair of AE Leeds that I purchased on ebay recently. It is my first pair of shell cordovan shoes, and I seem to recall having heard mixed opinions on the use of shoe trees in such shoes. I did a search and found no definitive answer. So what is the consensus? I have some pictures below. The trees I use are the Johnston + Murphy Washburn (same as the one sold on cedarville), if that...
I nominate this thread for the "making a mountain out of a molehill" thread of the year! Why don't you read the eBay listing for the shoes again, this time focusing where it states: "YOUR SATISFACTION IS 100% GUARENTEED!!." What do you think that term means, other than "send them back if you don't like them?" So, here's what you should do if you don't like the shoes. Ship them back with tracking so you can show the seller got them. I assume the seller will be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Blake686 Definitely call and schedule an appointment, I assume there are people there most regular business hours so timing shouldn't be an issue. I would try to give them at least a days notice out of courtesy. Ian told me he likes to personally greet first timers and show them around. After your first visit, its pretty casual. Ian has outstanding clothes and shoes at great discount prices. If you come...
Quote: Originally Posted by Owen Meany It also depends on the location, here in LA the Racks are loaded with decent stuff, but I was recently at the Ontario, CA rack and it was like being at JC Penny... jtb In L.A. the Rack at the Howard Hughes center off the 405 and in O.C. the Rack across from South Coast Plaza usually have Zegna and Canali suits and sports coats. I got a Canali suit, 120s wool in a charcoal pinstrip for around $225...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenTribe Just for the sake of complicating things, what if Isaia makes 50 suits, Neiman Marcus buys 40 of them, and 10 get shipped directly to Last Call? Those 10 "never had a retail price" according to you, but they are identical to the $3000 at the Neiman flagship because they come from the same batch. I'm sure variations on this idea occur alongside the direct-to-discount phenomenon; there have got to be times when...