or Connect

Posts by swisloc

Quote: Originally Posted by trajan When I used to live in Boston I knew lots of girls I would see myself marry, but here in NY there seems to be a shortage of women. Well, you are clearly not going to the right places. There was a map in National Geographic two months ago showing the ratio of single women to single men across the US. NYC led the way with something around a 60-40 ratio, and i'd have to say, this is exactly my experience...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirk I absolutely wouldn't say anything to your current employer until you have a firm offer in writing. If your prospective employer doesn't respect your need to provide your current employer with appropriate notice, that says something very bad about them, IMO. Agreed. The only reason i would list my current employer is they could elaborate on my most current and relavent experience if necessary. However,...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter don't tell anyone until you are ready to give 2-4 weeks notice. try to give 4 weeks notice, if you possibly can. telling anyone before that is just a huge mistake. Yeah, the last time i switched jobs i made the HUGE mistake of telling my employers before i even started looking. I was young and foolish. How do you get around listing references without potential employers calling your current...
I am in the process of interviewing for a new job in a new firm. For those of you that have done this in the past, at what point is it your responsibility to inform your current employer of you intention to leave? It is my feeling that if you are just testing the waters, then, obviously, don't tell anyone, but at this point I am more serious and am considering two firms that have submitted offers; I am in negotiation but haven't accepted anything. I have had people...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD It's a shame, but what can you do when no one's seen the movie? this is the single biggest reason why the oscars are lacking. academy voters recieve DVD copies of each film/performance nominated for their private viewing to prepare to vote on the awards. there was an article in some paper last year about how a lot of the older, more conservative academy members (of which there are many) didn't even watch...
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 The raws stretch... alot. I sized down two from my true waist and they're not at all tight on me... The resin or washed ones appear to be more or less true to size. +1. i sized down one with my first pair of raw straightdowns. been wearing them a year and i kinda wish i'd gone down 2 sizes (which i did with my order from the Hitman). not that they are bad sized down one, just a bit looser than what...
Quote: Originally Posted by A Harris I've been having trouble contacting them too, in fact I feel bad as I've sent several emails and am probably bugging them. I would imagine something has come up that requires their full attention, as happens with small businesses. I'm sure we'll all recieve responses in time, we just need to be patient for now. Edit - I would suggest NOT calling. It was mentioned that they are doing us a favor, and if they get a...
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 Swis if you're really really desperate, there's a phone # on your money request, but I believe that's their home phone number so I wouldn't call it too late. yeah, i saw that. i figure i'll give it a week at the very least before I consider calling. don't want to bother people who are doing us a favor.
These Days - Nico (Jackson Browne cover). Since U Been Gone - Ted Leo (Kelly Clarkson cover)...no joke.
weird. i only received the paypal confirmation, no shipping info. my fingers are crossed.