or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

FWIW as another data point I am 8.5 in the 2030 last and a UK8 in mostly everything including Trickers (Stow), all 3-4 EG lasts I've tried, C&J 348, etc.Yes with the last SFmarket makeup, and yes.
I hope my idle speculation about the pricing of the surgeon jacket wasn't taken as an attack on the seller, that certainly wasn't my intention. Sounds like HM Customs really did a hatchet job there. I've got two mallorys and was thinking maybe that was excessive and I should lose one, so thanks for the enabling guys. I think I've only ever bought Cabourn from End and Trunk, never any problems with either thank goodness.
That's from Phaeton, they still have a few (not that size in that colour though) and are asking £560 for them so I'm guessing £800 is about what you'd pay new after shipping and tax.While we're on the subject of Japanese stores selling Cabourn, does anyone know of any others besides Phaeton? I'd quite like to try picking up a couple of pieces in 44 which the western stores don't usually bother stocking.
David mentioned to me he felt they are a four-season tie. I have one in a dark green tartan so I tend to wear it more in autumn. The material is light with a dry hand so I guess if you were classing it based purely on feel you might prefer to wear it in spring/summer even though it is half wool.
I found it fairly true to size - I'm a true 36" chest and the 46 fits me nicely.
^ The Scott belt is a great concept, executed perfectly.
Ah, makes sense! Thank you.The quality of make is very good but the Cameraman isn't really known for being warm, they are more of a shell so you'd need a hefty midlayer (or two).
Yeah, it's attached by snaps, three each side of the chest and one at the back near the tag. It's held in fairly securely but easy enough to detach.My question about the aircraft jacket would be about the bit of woolly sheepskin on the left breast of the vest .. does it have any purpose other than decoration? It seems like a bit of a random thing just to be stuck on there. It detaches (snaps again) so no big deal but I'm curious.
^ Good arithmetic, I like it. Another thing: when orders are closed it should be easier to determine wait time as the backlog is then a known quantity.
Just to give the dead horse one more thrash, when I got my 2030 service boots I held them against a pair of Aldens in the Barrie last and they are pretty much exactly the same length. Both are labelled 8.5. Obviously the boots fit a little differently as a function of the last - I find the heel on the 2030 a bit loose - but there you are fwiw.