or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

The use of the word "boondocker" makes me think this is roughout - I'd be interested in a grey roughout with dainite sole. (It constantly rains here so I have limited use for leather soles.)
I've noticed something similar on a gansey I bought a few months ago - I haven't worn it yet so maybe it will settle a little. If not, it will still work nicely under a jacket, so whatever.
I haven't really discerned that much of a pattern where they decide to use ventile .. the inside of the breast pocket on the zip sweat is ventile which makes no sense to me at all, am I supposed to keep something wet in there? I have a cameraman with mackintosh and a couple of the aircraft jackets in ventile - the problem with the mackintosh (as others have pointed out here before) is that it offers no protection to the cold at all and if you have a layer or two...
I have a couple of pairs of each and haven't noticed any difference in the fit between them. The oldest pair I have is duck canvas, they have been worn fairly heavily and I wouldn't say there's any change in the fit compared to when they were new.
Will you be able to restock the white as well? It seems to have sold even faster than the grey ..
Nice pics, mpw! I feel like direct sunlight might bring out some the details of the pieces a bit better, though?Judging by comments upthread, it seems that some people may have been put off by the extra cost involved in the garments with vests. I have the current season aircraft with vest and I've been wearing it a lot lately without the vest as it's been a relatively mild winter here so far.Sure, all I meant was that I would probably buy a lot more from Kafka if anything...
Yeah, I really like the look of the Canadian jacket. I guess in the beeswax cotton it will be similar to the aircraft jacket before they were done in ventile.I've had a couple of good experiences with Kafka but they never seem to get smaller sizes - not just in Cabourn but other makers as well - so I'm limited to ties, scarves etc.
Have you ever considered ring belts? It might not be your thing, I guess.
I just put my pair of Converse Bosey boots against a pair of new-ish standard Converse in the same size (I'm UK8 in both) and they are pretty much exactly the same. They look to be built on the same sole although the Bosey is externally slightly wider in the forefoot due to the extra thickness of the bit that wraps around the front. They feel the same to wear. This is what you'd expect I guess; they're both built in the same factory so using the same soles is going to...
FWIW as another data point I am 8.5 in the 2030 last and a UK8 in mostly everything including Trickers (Stow), all 3-4 EG lasts I've tried, C&J 348, etc.Yes with the last SFmarket makeup, and yes.