or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

Like the guys are saying above, it woud be even better with more texture and a less formal collar. A blue striped broadcloth shirt with a partly cutaway collar looks very business-like to me, while the jacket and tie are more casual. Vox did a whole thread on coherence which is worth reading.
We might be at cross-purposes here but the boots I'm referring to are your earlier makeup, the SF MTO icy mocha service boot - tongue attached at the level of the second eyelet from the top.
In this particular pair the tongue is attached at the 6th eyelet, i.e. 2nd from the top so nearly all the way up. Just as you can see here (not my boots):
^ The one pair of service boots I have (icy mocha CXL, SF MTO) have the bellows tongue. I assumed that was standard on the service boots, maybe not. I am trying to move cautiously this year on purchases, but I think I would be onboard for the makeup in the original post: Boondocker style, 2030, smoke grey roughout, dainite sole. Leather sole would probably be a dealbreaker for me though, sorry guys.
Nah, some were sentenced to be hanged but we're the ones that were transported instead.
I'm not sure there is a word in Australian English for tie.
^ Very nice, applky. I always struggle with lighter blue ties. They look great in isolation but in practice I nearly always wear light blue shirts and they don't look right together at all. I do have a shirt which is a very light (ice?) blue, and that works sometimes. As a side note, I know grey is often thought of on SF as being better used for suits rather than odd jackets, but I am getting a taste lately for grey odd jackets with cream or tan trousers.
I like mine. Worn without the vest it doesn't seem particularly oversized to me. Obviously the vest does add bulk but not in a bad way IME.I really like the look of the Ten-C snow smocks & M65s, but there have been quite a few comments in the Ten-C thread about how they break down and lose water resistance very quickly, so that plus the price have put me off a bit. Maybe for next winter.I'm afraid I wouldn't know, the only cameraman I have is from a few years back (2010?)...
I like the air jumpers I have, but they don't seem particularly robust.