or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

I thought the Bosey was originally a Converse design from the 1940s or earlier? If so, I guess they can do what they like with it.
That was a special for AW '12 I think.
Why don't you try using them & see how they are? I have a pen of my grandfather's that works ok for me without adjustment. If you don't like them the way they are then maybe find someone to regrind the nibs rather than replace them.
I'm wearing a small merino/cashmere right now. It's the Martin Boag from last season but the sleeve measures 23" from shoulder seam and 17" from armpit FWIW. I must say I'm with Afro there; I'd be surprised if a small was right for you at 6'.
Yeesh, that's uncool.As long as they remain solvent, a proper store should always be able to provide you with a refund if the merchandise isn't available.
That article's from 2003 and the Inverallans I bought last year are labelled "made in Scotland", so I can only assume the knitting was somehow pulled back onshore. (The Scotsman don't seem to have mentioned Inverallan since then.) Unless you're thinking the jumpers are knitted offshore and assembled in Scotland to qualify for the label? Either way I wouldn't think that article points to a difference in methods or quality between recent Inverallan and new Strathtay (I...
I wash rivets on 30 degrees, hang dry, then iron if I'm wearing them in a business casual fit with a sportscoat, otherwise no ironing for a casual fit. I actually like the fading. I'm particularly looking forward to the french blues getting faded.
I would concur - that is a slim fit. The only trousers I have slimmer than rivets are a couple of pairs of jeans. It occurred to me at the time that the autumn herringbone would have made an awesome fall sportcoat and those pictures just reinforce that - but there was never going to be enough of it available for such frivolity. The wool cord and grey herringbone look great made up, I'm keen to see them in person.
Lighter? The Mallory is fairly warm but probably not any more so than any lined tweed jacket. I have an unlined SEH Kelly tweed which is good for the shoulder seasons but still very warm with a jumper underneath. For that matter, the summer cotton Mallory is fairly effective as a wind shield over a nice thick jumper.
Our (then) toddler chucked up milk formula all down my dark blue grenadine fina the first time I wore it. David felt that the local dry cleaner should be able to cope, but suggested that I asked them not to press the tie. They got it all sorted without problems.