or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

Quote: Originally Posted by Bounder I am particularly suprised that there's nothing for Boston . . . I'm looking at you, F. Corbera, if that is your real name. Señor Corbera is currently researching parallel programming models in Malaga. Perhaps there are restaurants there with dress codes he can inform us of. Quote: Originally Posted by Bounder A lot of people have commented that they would much rather be seated next...
They both compare fairly well. The price/quality ratio is probably slightly in favour of a Japanese model if you're buying from Europe, and a US model (AVRI) if you're buying in the US. The weakness in the Japanese models is the pickups but there are lots of good aftermarket replacements available.
Quote: Originally Posted by Geoff Gander Incidentally, I've read that fresh, ground nutmeg can act as a mild hallucinogen. I believe Charlie Parker and his pals used to put it in their coffee on that basis, but I'm told you need prohibitively large amounts to achieve a proper high.
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung LSD Testing (British Troops) I think it's particularly awesome that they gave them LSD and let them keep the rocket launcher.
Quote: Originally Posted by HORNS Regardless of how successful one is, it's always sad to hear this happen to a gay person. To anyone for any reason, really. My aunt was threatened with disinheritance for marrying a Catholic, for example. James actually seems like a fairly switched-on pleasant guy on the basis of that interview. I like elements of what he's wearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I can see this thread going to 5000 posts over the next 9 months Yeah, with every second & third post something like: - SFer: Are they ready yet? Are they? - zissou: No, it's not even March yet
Lasbar - it was in Portland Harbour in Dorset, apparently.
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar no Australia anymore... I heard it proposed, with a completely straight face, that they begin housing jail population in ships moored offshore. Prison hulks! [edit] apparently there was one already, in Dorset .. plus ça change ..
:/ http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=104073
Nice specs.