or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

Quote: Originally Posted by kolecho So many closet cases emerging. This has been discussed quite a bit on the Alden thread in SW&D, it seems to be a known issue. How big a deal it is to any particular individual is up to them. For me, given the distance from Alden themselves and the lack of a decent local cobbler, it is annoying enough to be a deal-breaker if it crops up again. I'm sure Trickers (or Viberg, or Red Wing, or ..) have...
I feel bad adding to the negativity, but my chromexcel ultimate Indys from Leather Soul had exactly the same problem. The local cobbler restitched and glued them; his stitching came out almost immediately leaving a gluey mess, so no more of my business for him. As others say I've not had similar problems with C&J, EG, Blundstone, RMW etc. Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger I have had (and still have most) about 10 pair of Aldens and these...
^ Same for me so I suspect not an uncommon issue. Panta wouldn't necessarily have to offer a fully customizable service like Hober, but a few workable lengths/widths would be helpful, say like Drakes standard widths of 3.25" or 3.5" with proportional length.
Quote: Originally Posted by benecios What's the verdict on this? http://www.coggles.com/item/Nigel-Ca...an-Jacket/85UF Great if you can make it work for you. I'm quite sure I couldn't! Don't you have three or four of these already though? Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I agree with this. Today was not very cold and I was quite surprised to see the inside of the Mac portion wet with condensation when I took it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sherman90 A fucking iTunes library with 60 days worth of music I either listen to at the gym or while surfing the web...degraded in sound and place at once! I think this is an appropriate use of digital music. You can carry lots of music in your pocket and listen to it in places that wouldn't allow for indepth listening in any case - the gym, driving, public transport, etc. I have lots of vinyl, mostly bought...
Quote: Originally Posted by Don Carlos That's actually pretty badass. Agreed. My wife has a copy of Winnie the Pooh in Latin ("Winnie Ille Pu") which is also quite cool.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bounder I am particularly suprised that there's nothing for Boston . . . I'm looking at you, F. Corbera, if that is your real name. Señor Corbera is currently researching parallel programming models in Malaga. Perhaps there are restaurants there with dress codes he can inform us of. Quote: Originally Posted by Bounder A lot of people have commented that they would much rather be seated next...
They both compare fairly well. The price/quality ratio is probably slightly in favour of a Japanese model if you're buying from Europe, and a US model (AVRI) if you're buying in the US. The weakness in the Japanese models is the pickups but there are lots of good aftermarket replacements available.
Quote: Originally Posted by Geoff Gander Incidentally, I've read that fresh, ground nutmeg can act as a mild hallucinogen. I believe Charlie Parker and his pals used to put it in their coffee on that basis, but I'm told you need prohibitively large amounts to achieve a proper high.
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung LSD Testing (British Troops) I think it's particularly awesome that they gave them LSD and let them keep the rocket launcher.