or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

^ The one pair of service boots I have (icy mocha CXL, SF MTO) have the bellows tongue. I assumed that was standard on the service boots, maybe not. I am trying to move cautiously this year on purchases, but I think I would be onboard for the makeup in the original post: Boondocker style, 2030, smoke grey roughout, dainite sole. Leather sole would probably be a dealbreaker for me though, sorry guys.
Nah, some were sentenced to be hanged but we're the ones that were transported instead.
I'm not sure there is a word in Australian English for tie.
^ Very nice, applky. I always struggle with lighter blue ties. They look great in isolation but in practice I nearly always wear light blue shirts and they don't look right together at all. I do have a shirt which is a very light (ice?) blue, and that works sometimes. As a side note, I know grey is often thought of on SF as being better used for suits rather than odd jackets, but I am getting a taste lately for grey odd jackets with cream or tan trousers.
I like mine. Worn without the vest it doesn't seem particularly oversized to me. Obviously the vest does add bulk but not in a bad way IME.I really like the look of the Ten-C snow smocks & M65s, but there have been quite a few comments in the Ten-C thread about how they break down and lose water resistance very quickly, so that plus the price have put me off a bit. Maybe for next winter.I'm afraid I wouldn't know, the only cameraman I have is from a few years back (2010?)...
I like the air jumpers I have, but they don't seem particularly robust.
The use of the word "boondocker" makes me think this is roughout - I'd be interested in a grey roughout with dainite sole. (It constantly rains here so I have limited use for leather soles.)
I've noticed something similar on a gansey I bought a few months ago - I haven't worn it yet so maybe it will settle a little. If not, it will still work nicely under a jacket, so whatever.
I haven't really discerned that much of a pattern where they decide to use ventile .. the inside of the breast pocket on the zip sweat is ventile which makes no sense to me at all, am I supposed to keep something wet in there? I have a cameraman with mackintosh and a couple of the aircraft jackets in ventile - the problem with the mackintosh (as others have pointed out here before) is that it offers no protection to the cold at all and if you have a layer or two...
I have a couple of pairs of each and haven't noticed any difference in the fit between them. The oldest pair I have is duck canvas, they have been worn fairly heavily and I wouldn't say there's any change in the fit compared to when they were new.