or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

Looks like the 6A colours are navy, clerical grey, a dark green ("loden"?) and a lighter blue ("corvette"??).Dunno about the fit but I would guess like the 3A, lots of comments on that in the Inverallan group order thread. Anyway, this is stock coming in shortly so just drop them a line as sjmin said.Zissou went above and beyond with the Inverallan order. Seems like Inverallan are not the easiest outfit for anyone to work with (they were supposed to be closing down last...
If you go into "subscriptions" then hover over a thread title, a copy of the thread title will appear with a red X you can click on to unsubscribe.I'm not sure how to post in a thread without automatically subscribing though.I like the subscription page, it's the main way I interact with the forum. Over time I've come to find there's only a dozen or so threads I'm interested in and the open forums have a very low signal to noise ratio.
Maybe my understanding is off, having never used MTM, but doesn't MTM essentially imply that it is cut from a block then adjusted? Getting measured by a skilled tailor who then develops a pattern for that specific individual is bespoke, I always thought. I have no idea what semi-bespoke means. If you go for Steed you will almost certainly be measured by either Edwin or Matthew and I'm sure either would do an excellent job.
Yes, you (and I) have just missed them, they were in London Oct 27th. Their movements are detailed on their website. If you send them an email they will notify you the next time they have a visit planned. I have been trying to make it down to see them for a while now.
I'm still in. I will stick with the dainite sole please (it rains constantly here even in summer).
I have a black silk and a grey silk, seen back in post 1200: [[SPOILER]]
They are, I'm just indecisive.
My experience has been that I get the email saying the tie is in the post and should take three weeks and then it surprises me by arriving a few days later.He outlines on the website how to figure out length. I tweaked the length and width over a couple of orders before settling on my preferred dimensions.
^It's really above and beyond the call for you to be sorting this out. Many thanks, even if it doesn't come off.You have a point in that a leather sole is (I guess) what would have been on the original WW2 version. Also they are unlined, so that makes them more of a summer thing for which a leather sole is again appropriate. I'm easy either way.I couldn't find any, but looking at the side view it seems to be leather. The Dainite sole on the FSC and Superdenim boots looks...
Absolutely. Some pictures of mine in the soporific ties thread.