or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

Just ask, David will pretty much make anything out of any material he has on hand ..
Yes, for my taste the patterns are a little too similar in type and scale, although tattersalls are classic with a tweed. The effect is made a bit worse by the similarity in colouring and the fact that you have no patterns anywhere else. I think that with any brownish tweed it's difficult to go wrong with a solid light blue shirt.I think tweed jackets go well with denim generally (much as I would love to advise you to bust out the full rig with moleskins/cords, sweater...
Lovely.
For this sort of country walking boot I like the C&J Coniston, just to throw another option in there.I agree that the commando soles tend to look casual (military/agricultural/whatever) but I'm with Ivar on the dainite soles - they can be very low profile and almost undiscernable from a double leather sole.
Indeed, dunno what happened to the navy.
There's some fabrics I've been waiting for. I was thinking that it would be a nice feature if the website could send an automatic email when something in your wishlist comes back in stock.
They look great, but I take it you still cannot ship outside North America?
Thank you, I've learnt something. IIRC Steed's semi-bespoke is put together in eastern Europe, or was a year or two ago, that may have changed.Due to having no intermediate fitting, you mean? O'Flynn got my pattern nearly right on the trial shirt with only one minor adjustment needed so that model certainly seems to work well in his hands.Sadly these sorts of threads (although not necessarily this one) often seem to boil down to "how can I get a bespoke suit on a MTM budget".
Yeah, this is what I was referring to. I realise most people's experiences were flawless and it all got sorted out in the end, so I didn't want to bring up the name of the retailer. It hasn't stopped me from buying from them again, although it would probably stop me from getting involved in another Inverallan preorder.The 3As for me fit well in the chest but are a bit short in the body and arms to start with. They are stretching out nicely. I have a 1A in the size up and...
I don't use it, but I would guess the intention is to click through to the user profile and then select "see all posts" or "see threads started" from there. With the subscriptions, I sometimes (e.g. with the iphone) have to click on the thread title before seeing the X.