or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

I have the army stripe centenary tweed Mallory, I didn't know there was a solid army version as well.I tend not to wear it much because I can never find any trousers I like with it. Your post inspired me to wear it yesterday though, and I just picked it up at the last minute going out the door wearing raw denim and a cream shetland jumper, ended up working rather nicely.
Your tie knot could use reining in a bit, to my eyes it threatens to overwhelm the collar. Green gingham + red tie with penguins is not the height of good taste, but in my opinion a little tastelessness is a good thing at Christmastime so go for it I reckon. (I like the shirt pattern in isolation btw.)
Well done!Might be a bit of a lazy/obvious comparison but reminds me strongly of:
I only have one Gitman shirt and it fits like a bag of spanners. Aren't they known for being unreliable as far as fit goes?
I'm really sold on the Bureau's own Merchants & Missionaries shirts, which are made by Individualised Shirt Co. I don't know if the fit is specific to M&M but it's quite trim on me and I'm reasonably triangular still.
I'm in the UK and got the email. I'll PM you the text of it in case that helps clarify anything.
I think the thinnest or at least most flexible belt I have is the Bakers Aus Nut, but I understand that is unusual amongst the Bakers leathers.
No that's fine, I think I already have it with my other samples. It would definitely be too thick for a ring belt, you're right.
Sorry didn't mean to just abandon this train of thought - the London Tan would be a great option, but I already have a West End in London Tan and I was really just looking for an excuse to use the russet ..
I agree with this - while neither is a dead on match, the Baker's is closer. #8 is such a specific colour that to get a very close match you'd need a belt made from it as well IMO.Of course, that's not to say that you should be trying to match exactly anyway, often things look better overall if they don't.I seem to say this everytime I post in this thread, but I highly recommend to everyone to get the samples, it all makes much more sense then.