or Connect

Posts by cold war painter

Good point.
Dude in the peaked cap is stylin'.The remake wasn't too shabby either, there must be better pics than these out there:
Some of them seem OK when he has his arms down by his sides, #3 & #4 for example. I would probably go for #4 myself but I always seem to end up wearing navy hooded jackets so take that with a grain of salt.Also, I like the changing-room-hall-of-mirrors effect in some of those shots.
C&J Conistons work well for this also imho.Trickers Stow or Burford, you might still find those too bulky.Alden in the right last - I have a couple of pairs of captoe boots on the Grant last which I wear with sportscoat/odd flannel trousers - I think Barrie or Trubalance are too bulky for this though.Carmina make some models that would suit - I have a pair of the WW2 hatchgrain boots they did through Epaulet.Vass have some really good-looking boots for this but I have no...
Invented there too of course.
I have the army stripe centenary tweed Mallory, I didn't know there was a solid army version as well.I tend not to wear it much because I can never find any trousers I like with it. Your post inspired me to wear it yesterday though, and I just picked it up at the last minute going out the door wearing raw denim and a cream shetland jumper, ended up working rather nicely.
Your tie knot could use reining in a bit, to my eyes it threatens to overwhelm the collar. Green gingham + red tie with penguins is not the height of good taste, but in my opinion a little tastelessness is a good thing at Christmastime so go for it I reckon. (I like the shirt pattern in isolation btw.)
Well done!Might be a bit of a lazy/obvious comparison but reminds me strongly of:
I only have one Gitman shirt and it fits like a bag of spanners. Aren't they known for being unreliable as far as fit goes?
I'm really sold on the Bureau's own Merchants & Missionaries shirts, which are made by Individualised Shirt Co. I don't know if the fit is specific to M&M but it's quite trim on me and I'm reasonably triangular still.