or Connect

Posts by TheD0n

For sale is a brand new Barbour waxed cotton jacket that didn't fit me right. I am 6'0 180 lbs with a 40" chest and it was too tight in the shoulders. US retail price is $399; I am asking $275 shipped. If I don't get any interest in this item this afternoon, I will send it back to the retailer in the UK for a full refund less shipping (which is why I want to try to sell it here). I will not entertain any low ball offers since I have the option to return it. Color:...
There is a distinct and importance difference between trying on a shoe and wearing a shoe; I did the former while Herring rejected my return based on the latter. Even when a shoe is tried on (e.g., in the store) creases from when walking. These creases are not permanent and do not preclude the shoe from being sold to another buyer as new.Also, I have no idea why you pluralized "second" in "second pair" because your entire post was ambiguous and left to subjective...
Hello, I have for a sale a pair of Alden Oxfords in great condition after having been worn 1-2 times a week since they were purchased from Alden San Francisco directly 6 months ago. I polished them often, always used shoe trees, and never even wore them in wet weather because my Swims overshoes were slightly too snug to fit comfortably. These retail for $462, and Alden goes to great lengths to ensure their shoes are sold at MSRP and never discounted. Alden shoe bags and...
Herring will send me a new pair at a discount, and I will resell these in the secondary market. Thanks for your input on this issue.
The scratch has polish in it, so it's obvious that it occurred during manufacturing sometime before the final polish.Herring Shoes will somewhat quizzically not accept a return because the shoes have "been worn". They are making this determination without seeing the soles (which show no wear because I wore them only on carpet). I don't see how the condition of these shoes is any different than the condition of shoes tried on in a physical showroom.I am working with them to...
Yes, the crease location was immediate.I intend to exchange them - which will only cost me outbound shipping back to the UK (hopefully around $25) and a few weeks of waiting.These shoes are size UK 11F (supposedly equal to US 11.5D). However, they are still too long and strangely narrow in appearance. I usually wear US 11.5/12D, but I will exchange these for a shorter/wider UK 10.5G, which is supposedly US 11E and should be too small for me according to the size charts....
I ordered a pair of Chruch's Consuls from Herring's (very speedy service, by the way), and upon initial inspection, I noticed a strange crease that appears on the inside of the cap stitching of the left shoe when I walk. The other shoe creases much more neatly, and without affecting the cap of the shoe. The shoes fit well, so that shouldn't be the issue. Edit: It seems I was wrong and that shoes don't fit well, which resulted in the unusual creasing. Also of note is...
For sale is a Swiss Army Infantry watch with a white face and brown leather band. The watch is in very good condition with a few scuffs on the metal bezel that resulted from a year in my watch rotation as the weekend watch. I got a Hamilton a couple months ago that I wear casually, and haven't worn this Swiss Army watch since. This watch retails for $395 and $225 on Amazon (with 4.5 star...
I bought a couch that literally didn't fit in my apartment and received $1,600 of store credit. I've spent all of it that I could, but still have $445 remaining in the form of a gift card. I would prefer to sell the remaining balance at a discount rather than hold the credit indefinitely. If this posting is still open, the store credit is still available. Please PM me if you're interested.
Purchased in July 2011 and worn only a handful of times (less than 5). Great condition and fit, but didn't turn out to be my style. US size 12D Goodyear welted This year's version retails for $395: http://www.paulstuart.com/product_info.cfm?ProdID=5976&ProdCatId=1067&MainCatId=14&HEADERMENUID=0&subProdCatID=0 I am asking $75 shipped in the ConUS.