or Connect

Posts by brokentelephone

Quote: Originally Posted by GBR I might agree with your first four points but the fifth is outrageous and you should apologise. Wearing poppy is a UK symbol of remembrance and thanks for those who lost their lives in the two world wars and more recent conflicts. It is worn by many UK citizens including Her Majesty The Queen. One could suggest that Americans wear a flag symbol in their lapels look stupid - it is the same issue. Not if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar Just a little bit? I hate that kind of fashionistas trying too hard being noticed in a "Hey look at me I'm eccentric and interesting" kind of way... Jesus -- he probably is eccentric and interesting. People tend to dress in a way they feel most comfortable, especially those that dress outside of the norm. Lots of people on SF dress in a way dictated by other members here, and by following rules...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles I've had this happen to me at bars where I forgot to close it out the night before and they added some ridiculous tip. I called the CC company and they just waived the charge, but said it wasn't enough money to file a dispute. IOW, it came out of the CC company's pockets when I asked to dispute. Which pissed me off, because the whole point was to rub it in the face of the assholes who overcharged...
I consider having a beer or two a night not drinking!
Quote: Originally Posted by The Silverfox Ok so still waiting on my mdo from the website. Also I guess I should have checked the john lobb st james website, because it seems theirs is in fact saphir mdo At least it looks very very similar to me. https://btsecuresession.com/johnlobb...7a5da389ca3de8 Oh well... at least I know where to get more when I run out now. In fact I think I might get one from lobb as well. I have a whole bunch of...
Quote: Originally Posted by mauser Not exactly for Harris Tweed (Old Hat may indeed be a very good bet for that), but anyone looking for gently used designer gear can have a look at L'Homme Designer Exchange on Blandford Street. London has nice vintage stores throughout but in my opinion this is the best. Hmm -- I found that place pretty gross! There is an amazing ladies shop called Pandora which my girlfriend visits very regularly. ...
Flask, rag to wipe goggles (pretreat w/anti-fog as fogged goggles are annoying), fresh socks (if you remove your boots during lunch that is) -- I usually bring a backpack up the lift and check it in the lodge up-top. That way, I can bring shoes, socks, etc., to wear while eating.
Quote: Originally Posted by harry2quinn This kind of sentiment is best communicated through PM. Perhaps you're correct on that -- I do apologize. I am wearing those boots right now actually -- the brown version -- and I must say they are absolutely beautiful boots. As a testament to how nice they are I actually paid full price when I bought them last year.
Quote: Originally Posted by effortlessgent price drop: $530 I have the same pair -- saw a brand new pair at a Ferragamo outlet store outside London last week for about £300 (approx $500). Good luck selling those LOL
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 Do you have any C&Js on the 325 last? My knowledge of such things is limited -- I buy good quality brands with the style I like but I ignore lasts, leather grades, and all other (to me) superfluous information.