or Connect

Posts by brokentelephone

There is a lot of shit I'd love to buy, but my fiance wants it to be something that lasts ages and ages -- probably something i could hand down to my kid someday. We got engaged on her 30th so aside from the ring I bought a few other pretty nice things because it was a major occasion. She is treating my 30th as some similarly monumentous event so things like a 3D TV are out of the question as I'd probably ditch it in a few years.Watch wise-- I have a few pretty decent...
Saw a pair of the boots at EG on Jermyn the other day. Personally, I found the finish, style, and last all a bit loud/ostentatious compared with the normal EG boots, and I am not a particularly conservative dude. They look like they should be made by a Parisian shoemaker, rather than a traditional English maker.
I bought one for my dad (James Smith), and it is absolutely top notch. It is basically a tapered cane with umbrella workings on it -- it comes long and then you size it and they attach a metal cap. It's really a thing of beauty. I was at Swaine Adeney Brigg today, and checked their umbrellas and can say definitively they are not nearly as nice (though I wasn't comparing like for like as I am sure JS sells a cheaper verion of the one I bought). Definitely the nicest...
I can always pay for vacation -- she wants to buy me something tangible which (hopefully) i'll still have in da fuuuuuture.
I'm not necessarily complaining -- but feel bad nevertheless.
I go away a fair bit already, and she wants to get something I can have forever! She is sentimental and wants me to remember for ages! I'd prefer a moped.
As per the title, my girlfriend is being impossible and insisting on buying me something sick. Yes, this is not a major problem, but I feel guilty so I want her to spend her £££ wisely. I wanted a Swaine Adeney Brigg bag, but am really not that keen on any of the shapes, and saw a similar one at Dunhill at a higher cost and at a slightly higher quality level. That said, I am not 100% sure I want my super-memorable 30th bday present to be a work bag. So ..... what would...
What brand belts are those? Especially the first ones?
So I finally purchased some Saphir Medaille D'Or in Amsterdam, and decided to do a side-by-side comparison between that and a few others I had laying around in my polishing drawer (that sounds bleak). I've read a lot about Saphir being light-years ahead of the competition, and have wanted to buy some for almost a year. I should have ordered it ages ago, but I think part of the allure is the its unavailability and mystique -- as pathetic as this sounds I sort of wanted...
Disagree! I have tons of their casual dress shirts and polo shirts. I buy them at the Carolina Herrera store in London, and think they're terrific. They're way above Polo Blue Label quality, fabric wise, and lots of them have some pretty considerate detailing that I seldom find on shirts at this price (esp. considering I usually buy them on sale at like 60% off). I get so many compliments on them, far more than most of my other casual shirts -- granted most people...