or Connect

Posts by monogram

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo Which Vass last is good for wide(r) feet? Guessing P2? Having wide feet and having tried the P2 and the F Last, I would say that the P2 is the more wide foot-friendly.
Quote: Originally Posted by CHECKstar Yeah, I'm in that building! Oh no, all of a sudden the anonymity of the Internet is disappearing! Small world, I'm in the building as well! Glad to hear there's another eGent (thanks, fxh) around. Feel free to say hi next time.
Quote: Originally Posted by CHECKstar ... Friday at around lunch time - Navy windowpane blazer, white (silk?) pocket square, stone (?) pants and brown suede shoes. Spotted outside 500 Bourke St. That was me! Do you work in the area?
Quote: Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe ... Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido ... Well said, Gents. As some of you may know from my previous posts on the topic, I am a great fan of P. Johnson/Suit shop and have used them extensively over the last 12 months. In addition to being supremely nice guys, Patrick and Tom have a great eye for detail, fit and colour. For the average guy, there's no reason...
Quote: Originally Posted by fxh Anybody checked these guys out in Clarendon street? From the puff piece: " if you know your Loake's from your Grenson's you can rest assured they do too. But it's more than that; the reason you should get down to Beggar Man Thief is not because they have an amazing product selection (and they do) but because attitude is everything and having a good one the difference. Beggar Man Thief has dare tread (yes, tread)...
PM sent
Quote: Originally Posted by TheChefs What is the fit like of the chinos you have mentioned? Especially through thighs, which is important for me since I'm one of those athletic shaped freaks with largish thighs and small waist. I like the herringbone chinos fit and quality wise (I own 1 pair), I just don't like the price. Do you know how the above brands compare? I'm very wary when it comes to ordering pants online... Rumour is that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Some consulting guy Thanks ^^^^ thats very helpful. Just the kind of thing I was hoping to hear. Also, how did the tailoring work out? I've always had excellent service from both of the Melbourne stores, very highly recommended. You're not going to get a better suit OTR in Melbourne for the price. The girls there are pretty spot on with identifying what alterations are needed, but the tailoring itself can be a bit...
I checked out the Henry Bucks sale earlier in the week. As others have mentioned, slim pickings and still terribly over-priced. I did, however, manage to pick up a navy and silver check Drakes tie for $95 Regarding the Herringbone chinos, I purchased a pair of their cotton trouser last summer for ~$300. Instantly regretted it. Construction is nice, but not $300 nice. Quote: Originally Posted by jessis I am going to give nialma's personal service a shot...
Quote: Originally Posted by __PG__ Well I went to American Tailors today and I personally I think their sale is of epic proportions. Rows of Isaia suits for $1300. A rack of $595 'bargain basement' suits including D'Avenza. Hand-grade Crockett and Jones shoes for $425... that is the cheapest price on the planet. Not sure what the benchgrade are going for. Limited sizes though in select styles. I also went to Baxter and Trout and had a good-ol...