or Connect

Posts by ctp120

Beautiful on the whole, but a fuller and/or more carefully fitted sleeve that got rid of the slight bunching would add something more. *I know this can be exceptionally difficult to achieve with lighter weight fabrics, and that arm posture during the photo can throw things off.
Probably so. For good or ill, depending on your perspective, this thread has definite and narrow parameters as to what's implied by "good taste."
^ All of this is accurate. Cleav looks nice, though I'd suggest tucking the square a little farther down and heightening the front of the shirt's collar a bit on future orders.
I see what you mean, but I'm also still glad my field (academia) has reverence for and bureaucratic oversight of credentials--even as I recognize there are likely a lot of autodidacts who are more knowledgeable than I am.
from http://www.ncidqexam.org/about-interior-design/differences-between-interior-design-decorating "Many people use the terms "interior design" and "interior decorating" interchangeably, but these professions differ in critical ways. Interior design is the art and science of understanding people's behavior to create functional spaces within a building. Decoration is the furnishing or adorning of a space with fashionable or beautiful things. In short, interior designers...
I was actually trying to offer support for the distinction you were making between decorator and designer.
The way I understand it, she typically picks major furniture; designs built-ins; chooses flooring, fixtures, finishes, other interior materials; etc. She does all of this in primary consideration of the things Foo mentions (traffic flow, ergonomics, efficient use of space, etc.) while also thinking about aesthetics in relation to them. She doesn't arrange fake flowers, pick coffee table books, or arrange knickknacks, and gets irate when people ask her to or even assume...
My sister-in-law argues this is a crucial distinction. She is, of course, an interior designer.The way she explains it, designers have at least bachelor's degrees in design with extensive coursework in architectural and design history as well as technical knowledge of materials and basic mechanics. They also take licensure examinations and usually work with architects in architecture firms as an integrated part of the architect's projects. Sometimes this is in-house,...
Favorably on the last score, at least:Bet that jacket's not center vent either.
Owning one of these: You'd think this wouldn't be my habit: In spite of appreciating nice pens and using pens and pencils daily, I almost always forget to carry mine. I'm a little better about my pencils: