or Connect

Posts by mendel

Two days in a row on here, that's a record for me: Apologies for the quality. Didn't take it intending to post it, but figured I might as well anyhow. H&M sportcoat two layers of AA white T AA scarf Gap manbag can't see: Gap Morrisons, Blunnies ... live from the Planet Coffee men's room.
Haven't been by here in a while, too much the biz cas for the now-abandoned biz school. AA flex fleece ?? barely-ringer t AA scarf Gap Morrisons Varvatos/Purcell Damn I love those AA jersey scarves. Need mooooooore.
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny_5 I have been eying this jacket...What are your opinions fellas? Anyone own one or have heard of this company? Spiewak make decent, relatively inexpensive outerwear. I nearly ended up with a duffel coat of theirs last winter but the deal didn't work out. That particular jacket, the lapels bug me. I want it to decide to be outerwear or a sport jacket and get back to me, and I think that'd make it draw too...
Quote: Originally Posted by robbie I really like the coat, but it just seems weird to see broken in denim on top of raw denim. This is only my opinion and some might disagree, but until the jeans and the jacket have the same patina i think I would wear them separately like i said though, really cool pieces. I agree, but even then it's the Canadian tuxedo problem, especially on someone that isn't Slimane-skinny. Unfortunate fact of life:...
Naw, I just miscopied. The "20%" figure shows up in the fine print text of the email too, so there's no weird image shenanigans going on at their end.
shirt.woot uses AA: Please check American Apparel's sizing chart for men or for women before you order. The Woot Tee, constructed by American Apparel, follows their classic closer-fitting style. If you prefer a baggier look, order a larger size. If there is not a larger size, consider starting a belly-hanging-out trend. Threadless's men's Ts are Fruit of the Loom 50/50s, except on their Select series. IME, the FotLs fit like a box.
Quote: Originally Posted by robin They're also having a 15% discount promotion on anything that you buy in-store if you use a J.Crew card now through this Sunday. You should be able to get that on catalog orders if you have a sales associate place the order for you. Also, code PSALE07 at checkout will get you 25% off any purchase over $175 until next Wednesday, online only. Just got the email flyer thing today.
Guess always has a bunch of casual button-up shirts that would be awesome (at least at outlet prices) had they not screen-printed random spots with all sorts of Bavarian or techno crap. The number of times I've looked around in a Guess outlet only to find a great shirt ruined by a stupid print on the back or one shoulder or whatever -- well, it's a large number, that's what it is.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHoff Where are the stores? In Vancouver, the store locater lists only Canadian Tire locations. In Ontario it's all in Loblaws and Superstore grocery-plus stores. Even the store locator itself is in the presidentschoice.ca domain. Sure you didn't misread "Great Canadian Superstore"? One Loblaws here has some basics in. Nothing special, sort of Old Navy-ish, and oh so cheap. I get the impression that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by apocalypse later ^^^ Those look pretty ugly and clunky, in my opinion. I'd go for desert boots instead. I actually started out on zappos looking for desert boots, but at least the Clarks desert boots were a bit too unclunky. I might try to find a happy medium, and I haven't seen those in person yet. But I think desert boots would feel out of place from about two weeks from now until about April, especially once the...