or Connect

Posts by adadan

Curious: what are the chinos that fit amazingly well? RRL contest or something else?BTW, this thread has me hooked on Jack/Knife Denim too. Liking the western-cut pockets, among other details. I'll have to find time to head to SF for a fitting.Great to hear they're planning women's as well. I have more than one female friend dying for well fitting jeans who don't want super skinny/low rise.
Yes, exactly. It is interesting and kind of nice to know, actually, that there is even a grain of long-lost truth in his history. I really loved reading the catalog when I was too young (and poor) to get my hands on any of the items, and by the time I saw anything in person any trace of quality was long gone...
Don't do it. Even aside from the heavy-handed romantic marketing, I've seen a few J. Peterman things in person, and in my opinion they were noticeably lower quality than the better mall brands (J. Crew, etc.) Poor cut/fit, poor materials, and on top of that the attempted romantic/vintage quality was cheezy and "off," to my eye, sorta like a badly done period film with a stronger feel of the era when it was made than than the era it is supposed to represent. There's...
I purchased over the weekend and my card was charged, then I had no confirmation or shipping notification all week. I just received an email that the item I paid for was sold "out from under" me to someone in-store. Too bad they didn't figure this out untlil the charges (which were pending for 2-3 days) actually posted to my account. Still waiting for the refund...
Nice! I even like the hat in this context...
Love it when I come back to this thread and see 10+ new pages of posts. Some awesome stuff here...
Awesome. Plus many others above... How about:
Haven't tried this myself, but:http://www.otterwax.com/and:http://www.otterwax.com/tutorials
Quote: Originally Posted by driveslowk Coupon Codes: Barnes and Noble Coupon L7C8F9D Exp. 7/12 15% Off one Item Barnes and Noble Coupon C7R4R3T Exp. 7/24 $5 Off $50 or More Any recommendations? Does the actual 50% off Criterion sale START at B&N on July 12? I'm usually notified by either B&N or Criterion when the B&N 50% off sale starts, but haven't had one of those emails yet...
Quote: Originally Posted by Froosh Stanley, are yours the red selvedge line chinos? I remember you saying they stretched out a ton, more than 0.5"-1"? Been absent for awhile here, but I've worn mine almost every day since May 6. Gotta find a good time & place to take some pics. I got a pair of the red line in 29 from Blake's. I'm a true 28.5 - 29" waist, and the waistband was ~1/2" too large to start, but the rest of the top block fit...