or Connect

Posts by flashkobalt

Thought I'd add a little bit of feedback. Received a couple the Leno/giro inglese/cellulare type shirts today and am very pleased with them. I do own a couple from suit supply,and was about to grab a couple from luxire, but noticed a couple interesting colours on the Kamakura Japanese site. Shrinkage might take them close, because pre-wash the fit is close to perfect, so I may have to move the collar button, but the fabric is excellent and at once substantial and very...
Slept on the giro inglese Havana and it sold out :-(
I quite like the "modern Crew neck" from this place. https://www.dstldjeans.com/shop/mens/tees
Have the indigo and steel blue in the linen cotton canvas and theyre not even close to see through. Although maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, being that I think summer trousers should all be unlined... Also,I've put my money where my mouth is by ordering the tan unlined :-)
I have a couple of suit supply giro inglese shirts which I understand to be pretty much the same as cellulare. They're definitely not stretchy. The weave is open with tiny 'pores' which give it a mesh or gauze like effect, but the fabric itself isn't very deformable.
Just don't forget to input the code 😢
Oh wow...didn't see the lilac cellurare on the luxire site
@Luxire after buying a white and blue example from Suitsupply, I've been trying to find some giro inglese shirts in other colours.I wondered if you may be able to help with this. The fabric is great for those of us in the tropics when linen is perhaps just a little too casual. Thanks
In a reflection of how truly first world my problems are, I go over things like this multiple times before placing orders.I certainly have and would order linen or linen/cotton clothing slightly larger, to both accomodate for shrinkage, and also because I don't mind a slightly looser fit for truly casual clothing. Looser, not baggy mind you.Having said that,I'm also more inclined to get slim/fitted clothing for work or formal wear.
Looks excellent!I suppose there are some that may argue that sleeve length could be slightly shorter or perhaps that it may be too fitted for linen.I would disagree. Not much room for improvement at all.