or Connect

Posts by skyman

Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre I am sure you know where I stand on this. Suffice to say, anyway, there have been multitudes of UN resolutions since 1974 in regards to this that the permanent members of the Security Council ignore (including one of the three guarantor powers of the 1961 Cyprus constitution on the said council, the UK) Yes I know, surprise surprise, another place where the British had their dirty little mitts just happens to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by fredfred Physics works. Wind goes over the wing which creates a vacuum (sort of) which sucks the wing upward. Most airplane crashes these days (which are obviously few and far between) are the result of pilot error. The poland thing, for example, was idiotic. They were trying to land in heavy fog on a runway that didn't have the right instrument landing system for their plane. You won't have these types of problems....
Quote: Originally Posted by charlottex How does skin cancer start out looking like? Lately I have had little bumps not huge but like almost skin scab looking things (not scabs though). And I am in the sun doing activities a lot and I was wondering if it almost seems like it can or be a possibility of skin cancer? I'm not sure. If it itches or hurts go get it checked. If it is different colours go check it out. If the outsides are jagged go...
Quote: Originally Posted by Canal Directo So there is no evidence that what you advocate would work, nevertheless it remains a proper argument for you. Lousy thinking FTW.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mountains How often do you hear of an incident like this that ends with "however, the psychopath was shot and killed by a good Samaritan?" Admitedly not often, but you often hear "the armed robber was shot dead by a member of the public carrying a concealed weapon" or "the assailant was shot dead by police". In this situation I don't think someone carrying a handgun would have made to much difference unless the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk Ordinarily, I'd agree with you--but let's not forget that we're talking about a country that banned handguns in response to a mass murder about ten years ago. Which did little to stop the flow of weapons, and now the only people who have them are the criminals. Although noble to ban guns, it ends up with the bad people with guns and the good people being defenceless. This sounds like one of those...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Huh? I already have enough of Israel is always right people (and I like haganah and Manton and even globe), I don't need you. I'm not a "GO ISRAEL" cheerleader. Im just saying this ship boarding is in no way comparable to a Riot.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma What if they were planning to turn around? Would it have killed them to wait a few kms? This operation is a complete fuckup of unacceptable proportions; we can talk all day about the nasty motivation of the Turkish gov in sponsoring this event and how some of the activists don't like Jews or whatever. Truth is some activists were on a boat and Israel sent a SWAT team to board them, they used some improvised weapons and...
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 Maybe they remember that they started bombing civilian poulations first. +1 Many people seem to forget that Britains bombing of Berlin was a retaliation for Germany's bombing of London (accidental or not). They also seem to forget the fire bombs used on Liverpool, Coventry, London etc.
The new Jack Johnson album - To the Sea.